Bills should trade McGahee and draft

JPL7

im tellin you guys we should draft Pittman in the second round. I cant imagine he wouldnt be availiable and it would be realistic to get a second rounder for Mcgahee. This kid is the real deal. He absolutely will be one of the best bang for your buck picks out there. I live in columbus (no i am not an OSU fan) and have watched this kid for 3 years. He can run inside or outside the tackles. Is smart and patient with the ball. Can catch out of the backfield. Is without question one of the most underrated players out there.

He hasnt declared yet, but I would be completely surprised if he didnt come out.

Pittman is a great back. I am a Buckeye fan and remember several times when he broke long ones. I don't see him as a work-horse like McGahee (or Beanie Wells for that matter). I may be wrong. Pitt may not be as good in the pros as he was for the Buckeyes.

Pittman is a great back. I am a Buckeye fan and remember several times when he broke long ones. I don't see him as a work-horse like McGahee (or Beanie Wells for that matter). I may be wrong. Pitt may not be as good in the pros as he was for the Buckeyes.

From what i have read, he does not offer a threat as a receiver out of the backfield. The Bills are not going to go for that since Marv is looking for a reincarnation of Thurman Thomas.

I think that we all forget that we would be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Willis.

A.) He is in the final year of his deal

B.) His agent is Drew "Jerry McGuire" Rosenhaus

C.) He is not very good.

McGahee is ok as a running back. Given a strengthened offensive line he might even become one of the better running backs. I say keep him for now and consider replacing him at the end of his contract. No one would particularly want him right now, and I don't see any big benefit for next year if we trade him. I think we fly with what we have next season and use our draft and free agency opportunities primarily (and almost exclusively) to improve the pass protection and stop the run.

Hey, the Rams got a 3rd round pick from Miami for Lamar Gordon. THIS Lamar Gordon:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302034

I think the Willis trade is a stretch but an interesting scenario. But who needs him more than we do?

There are 21 players who gained more yards than him in 06 (one of them being Vick which means there are 20 teams which had a more productive back this past season). That means there are only 11 other teams besides Buffalo who didn't feature a 1000 yard back this year. Additionally, as it has been noted many times on this board, NFL teams seem to be making a move toward a more two-headed running attack. That said, there are still only five teams (TAM, OAK, CLE, DET, AZ) who had a poorer run offense than Buffalo.

I can see where all of those teams (with the exception of AZ) might be inclined to upgrade to a guy like Willis, but as most of them (like Buffalo) are in re-building phase, is it likely they'd be willing to float a draft pick to bring him in? I doubt it.

Finally, why get rid of him before next year? Like I just mentioned, it would behoove the Bills to establish TWO backs. This still entertains the possibility of drafting a back, but as it seems backward to mold a rookie at the expense of a veteran in his contract year, making a drafted RB Willis' replacment for 2007 simply doesn't make sense. A more realistic scenario IMO would be to draft a RB in 2007, let McGahee play out his contract next year with a young back providing an omnipresent flame under his asss, and then draft another RB in 2008.

First problem with this concept is that Antonio Pittman is not a Senior nor has he declared for the draft. I'd be surprised if he did because it's a pretty strong RB class as is and I don't think he'd be a very high pick.

Second, we wouldn't get shite for Willis. His injury history is legendary, he only has one year left on his deal, and he hasn't been playing that well.

You keep Willis and make him apologize for his idiocy. You draft Marshawn Lynch at 12 and let them share the load in '07.

Then don't let the door hit Willis' ass on the way out when his contract expires.

I think the Willis trade is a stretch but an interesting scenario. But who needs him more than we do?

There are 21 players who gained more yards than him in 06 (one of them being Vick which means there are 20 teams which had a more productive back this past season). That means there are only 11 other teams besides Buffalo who didn't feature a 1000 yard back this year. Additionally, as it has been noted many times on this board, NFL teams seem to be making a move toward a more two-headed running attack. That said, there are still only five teams (TAM, OAK, CLE, DET, AZ) who had a poorer run offense than Buffalo.

I can see where all of those teams (with the exception of AZ) might be inclined to upgrade to a guy like Willis, but as most of them (like Buffalo) are in re-building phase, is it likely they'd be willing to float a draft pick to bring him in? I doubt it.

Finally, why get rid of him before next year? Like I just mentioned, it would behoove the Bills to establish TWO backs. This still entertains the possibility of drafting a back, but as it seems backward to mold a rookie at the expense of a veteran in his contract year, making a drafted RB Willis' replacment for 2007 simply doesn't make sense. A more realistic scenario IMO would be to draft a RB in 2007, let McGahee play out his contract next year with a young back providing an omnipresent flame under his asss, and then draft another RB in 2008.

Good post. Folks often think that old heap they drive around should command a king's ransom.