How to tell your husband that he needs to loose weight

slothrop

She told me I have gained some weight in the last few years. To motivate me she said that for every mile I run we will set aside $10 so that I can buy the flat-screen hi-def TV of my choice. She has blocked this purchase for over a year. I start tonight! I am going to make those Kenyian marthon runners look lazy so that I can get this TV as soon as possible. Then I can sit on my ass in front of my new TV, drink my beer and gain back every glorious pound I lost.

Where should I buy the new TV from? Suggestions?

She told me I have gained some weight in the last few years. To motivate me she said that for every mile I run we will set aside $10 so that I can buy the flat-screen hi-def TV of my choice. She has blocked this purchase for over a year. I start tonight! I am going to make those Kenyian marthon runners look lazy so that I can get this TV as soon as possible. Then I can sit on my ass in front of my new TV, drink my beer and gain back every glorious pound I lost.

Costco, so when you want the bigger/sharper one in a year or two you can return this.

Wait until you have the money. By then the market will have changed. Just keep watching DealNews and the other watchdog sites and get the best deal. I got a top of the line Pioneer for about half of what it cost normally.

I think she's implying that by the time you're able to afford a good HDTV, you'll be a good 100+ miles away... :D

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/...nch_plasma_tvs/ :D

hmmm...you could just tell her you're buying the tv, get a dozen donuts and a six pack on the way back, set up the tv and lay on the couch and munch down. That way you see all the sports you want, don't get cold running, keep those attractive love handles, and leave her a considerable amount of money after the big coronary!

the downside is that you probably had better count on sleeping on that couch for quite some time.

You're going to tolerate that? She owns you!

When you have reached that milestone she will reneg on you and come up with something else you must attain. Clean the garage for example.

Yes, but I will be setting the money aside. Nothing she can do. I have put up pictures of televisions all over the treadmill in our house. Since the treadmill can keep track of the total milage maybe I should borrow the neighbor's dog and put it on the treadmill while I drink beer. Let the dog do the running.

Yes, but I will be setting the money aside. Nothing she can do. I have put up pictures of televisions all over the treadmill in our house. Since the treadmill can keep track of the total milage maybe I should borrow the neighbor's dog and put it on the treadmill while I drink beer. Let the dog do the running.

So you need a TV to motivate you into staying into shape? You mean heart disease, diabetes and a shitload of other diseases isn't enough of a reason? :D

:D

I guess the old saying is true, there's more than one way to skin a cat! I like your thinking.

How much is she charging you to get your balls back?