Carrol to stay at USC. At the top of MIA short list...

Part of me thinks the Dolphin brass is being really prudent and thorough with the multiple-candidate two-tier interview approach.

But the bigger part of me is pretty sure these guys have no idea what they're doing.

I think Mike Martz is one of the game's great offensive minds. John Kitna was quoted as saying he learned more from Martz this year than all of his other coordinators combined. Also if you are going to bash Martz he probably tought Steve Fairchild a thing or two.

I think Mike Martz is one of the game's great offensive minds. John Kitna was quoted as saying he learned more from Martz this year than all of his other coordinators combined. Also if you are going to bash Martz he probably tought Steve Fairchild a thing or two.

you are right-

Martz is a great OC who produced geat results under Vermeil as HC.

However, he is total buffoon as a HC - which is just what Miami needs. :D

you are right-

Martz is a great OC who produced geat results under Vermeil as HC.

However, he is total buffoon as a HC - which is just what Miami needs. :D

Miami's policy with recent hires has been to give the head coach final say in all personell and GM-type decisions. Basically, total control of football operations. Martz would be a disaster in this capacity, IMO.

i'd be thrilled if martz became the fishes' coach. :D

MadMikeMartz, SuperGenius? Oh, hellz yeah!

Ronnie Brown? Kiss your yardage-based contract incentives goodbye, dude, because <insert QB name here> will be chuckin' the ball 50 times a game, every game. Can't wait for their next December visit to the Ralph.

(Recent rushing-attempts ranking under MMM: STL 2002-32nd, 2003-28th, 2004-30th, 2005-29th, DET 2006-32nd.)

And I'll start the pool right now for the date MMM fires his first special-teams coach. Over/under: week 10, 2007 season.

According to Carroll, Huizenga is willing to give TOTAL control to the next head coach. Look for them to suck for years if that's the case.

Didn't they already do that by giving total control to Saban and get burnt ?

Ronnie Brown? Kiss your yardage-based contract incentives goodbye, dude, because <insert QB name here> will be chuckin' the ball 50 times a game, every game. Can't wait for their next December visit to the Ralph.

(Recent rushing-attempts ranking under MMM: STL 2002-32nd, 2003-28th, 2004-30th, 2005-29th, DET 2006-32nd.)

And I'll start the pool right now for the date MMM fires his first special-teams coach. Over/under: week 10, 2007 season.

On the bright side, we wouldn't have to worry about MIA going after any decent LB talent.

Counter to that, actually Ronnie Brown might go on to become a great running back like Marshall Faulk for the very same St. Louis Rams. The QB might be chucking the ball 50 times a game...hower 25 of that might go to Ronnie Brown.....

Counter to that, actually Ronnie Brown might go on to become a great running back like Marshall Faulk for the very same St. Louis Rams. The QB might be chucking the ball 50 times a game...hower 25 of that might go to Ronnie Brown.....

...which count exactly zero toward his rushing yardage. Guess I should have made myself more clear.

BTW, would you be interested to know that Faulk's second-best combined-yardage season was in 1998, when he was still in Indy?

I thought so as well, but Saban blamed someone in the organization for the personnel problems. Maybe it was just him being even more of a loser.

I would be shocked to discover that Saban lied to cover his ass.