John Clayton is an Idiot

ajzepp

In between trips to the bathroom (I have the flu), I just caught Clayton discussing Bill Cowher. He said something like, "Cowher could easily take off a year or even two, and then come back to the game with total control of a franchise for another potential 15-year run. While he may not be able to catch Don Shula's 300+ wins, or (whoever the second guy is)'s 300 wins, but he MAY be able to shoot for third (whatever guy that is) and break 250 wins."

Maybe I'm just extra grumpy and not able to think right today, but would this not be one of the dumbest motivations to return to the NFL?? I'm so sure Cowher will sit around his house thinking, "DAMMIT, I just HAVE to get third place in the all time wins list!!!"

Somehow I think if and when Cowher returns, he won't be thinking about where he can spend another decade and a half and end up with third place in something. :D

He may indeed be an idiot, but there is an another potential idiot lurking whose reading comprehension led him to the conclusion that Clayton was referring to all-time wins as Cowher's motivation for coming back.

Me?

In between trips to the bathroom (I have the flu), I just caught Clayton discussing Bill Cowher. He said something like, "Cowher could easily take off a year or even two, and then come back to the game with total control of a franchise for another potential 15-year run. While he may not be able to catch Don Shula's 300+ wins, or (whoever the second guy is)'s 300 wins, but he MAY be able to shoot for third (whatever guy that is) and break 250 wins."

Maybe I'm just extra grumpy and not able to think right today, but would this not be one of the dumbest motivations to return to the NFL?? I'm so sure Cowher will sit around his house thinking, "DAMMIT, I just HAVE to get third place in the all time wins list!!!"

Somehow I think if and when Cowher returns, he won't be thinking about where he can spend another decade and a half and end up with third place in something. :D

i think you're feeling sick and grumpy (and i also think i am about a day away :blink: from being in the same condition, but that's another issue).

i think clayton was just making an observation...trying to point out what he thinks is possible if/when the chin resumes coaching. i don't think there's any doubt that he will enjoy enormous clout wherever he does wind up.

i think clayton was just making an observation...trying to point out what he thinks is possible if/when the chin resumes coaching. i don't think there's any doubt that he will enjoy enormous clout wherever he does wind up.

Agreed...I think Bill Cowher is becoming the next generation Bill Parcells....People will flock behind every single move he makes and he will soon start becoming grumpy like Parcells when he aged....I hope he becomes more of a Joe Gibbs type than a Bill Parcells Hype.

i think you're feeling sick and grumpy (and i also think i am about a day away :D from being in the same condition, but that's another issue).

I hope you don't get what I've got, bro....

As far as what Clayton said, I guess the main reason I thought it was ridiculous is because the possibility of Cowher - or any other coach - completing anywhere near 15 years with the same team is slim and none. Just doesn't happen anymore.

I totally agree with you that he'll have the world at his fingertips, though....he'll be able to write his own ticket.

Other than the phantom holding call on the seahawks lineman, I think every other call was fine.

ok how about calling Hasselbeck for a chop block when he is making a tackle? :D that is the definition of bad call and not knowing the rule book.

The good news is that recognizing the problem is your first step to recovery.

The bad news is that there are 3,867,249,311,026,419 steps.

Well, I was a little confused since he said my reading comprehension was at fault. I was starting to take that personally, but then I realized that it was a sportcenter segment - not something I read. Phew! Call me an idiot, fine....but God forbid someone take a shot at my reading comprehension. That's second only to talking about my mama.

Well, I was a little confused since he said my reading comprehension was at fault. I was starting to take that personally, but then I realized that it was a sportcenter segment - not something I read. Phew! Call me an idiot, fine....but God forbid someone take a shot at my reading comprehension. That's second only to talking about my mama.

So, what are you saying, you misunderstood my comment about your reading comprehension? :D