is anyone concerned ...

I am, if only a little bit at this point. I'm also starting to wonder why he dropped to the third round. I mean, the guy did nothing all season, and while I'm sorry about his mother, I don't think that can explain the brad butler-like level of production from him. I hope he improves, but count me among the very worried if he's challenging for a starting spot next season ...

I guess I'm optimistic. I'm giving the kid a blank slate coming into training camp. I haven't expected too much from him to this point and don't feel like we can necessarily count on him to lock up a position as important as CB. Stay tuned.

I am, if only a little bit at this point.

but count me among the very worried if he's challenging for a starting spot next season ...

Yes I am.

Now you better put a fire retardant suit on. You are about to get flamed.

I am, if only a little bit at this point. I'm also starting to wonder why he dropped to the third round. I mean, the guy did nothing all season, and while I'm sorry about his mother, I don't think that can explain the brad butler-like level of production from him. I hope he improves, but count me among the very worried if he's challenging for a starting spot next season ...

Considering his lack of production this year, I can't imagine anyone is confidant he comes in next summer and claims a #2 or even a #3 CB spot. Although it isn't out of the question.

I have no idea why he was scratched. Are you 100% certain he was healthy?

Considering his lack of production this year, I can't imagine anyone is confidant he comes in next summer and claims a #2 or even a #3 CB spot. Although it isn't out of the question.

I have no idea why he was scratched. Are you 100% certain he was healthy?

If he has a good off season and a good camp and pre-season, I don't see why he cannot grab the #2 CB spot.

Didn't they have a very, very remote chance of slipping into the playoffs? If so, I wouldn't use up a gameday active roster spot on a player that has seen virtually no action all season long.

Injuries at other positions matter, too.

If he was such a great player he would have been playing week 6. Thats how I look at it....

Who said he was supposed to be great? He wasn't taken first overall, I think everyone's expectations are too high for a third round gamble. He fell that low for a reason, taking him would be a gamble, the Bills took that gamble and who knows if it will work out or not. I'm still hoping it will, but I'm not about to call him a "great player" and I havn't seen anyone call Youtboty great.

This is the umpteenth pointless spectulation thread on Youboty, similar to the McCargo threads. Are we concerned? Slightly, but lots of rookies don't produce their first year. Is there high expectations for him? Yes, as there would be for any rookie, especially one some consider a "steal" at his draft placement. But what is the point of this thread? Until he actually sees some serious playing time we won't have anything to even speculate about, and if he never sees serious playing time, the question will become moot now won't it?

This is the umpteenth pointless spectulation thread on Youboty, similar to the McCargo threads. Are we concerned? Slightly, but lots of rookies don't produce their first year. Is there high expectations for him? Yes, as there would be for any rookie, especially one some consider a "steal" at his draft placement. But what is the point of this thread? Until he actually sees some serious playing time we won't have anything to even speculate about, and if he never sees serious playing time, the question will become moot now won't it?

what's the point of any thread? jeez. many, including the entire buffalo media, expect that clements will walk. many fans are hopeful that youboty can replace him. however, one expects at least minimal production -- dime back, special teams -- from a first day pick who didn't suffer any injuries all season.

it's the offseason. expect more threads like this. i for one am curious who the bills will be starting at CB next year.

Honestly I hope Yoboty turns out to be a #1 corner in the event we lost clements. The thought of Mcgee as a #1 corner :blink: All any of us really have to go on is pre draft potential. Hopefully he lives up to it. Corner like wr is not an easy position to learn and most won't come in from day 1 and be productive. Hopefully he turns out to be good, but once again losing Nate Clements would be horrible for this secondary.

This is the umpteenth pointless spectulation thread on Youboty

Yeah I think we've had far too many posts like these and not nearly enough on how horrible a human being McGahee is :D

Not really concerned. I think it's mostly a #s thing.

Obviously, when healthy, McGee & Clements are active. Thomas seemed entrenched at the 3rd CB position.

Greer is a gunner & solid ST contributor. This would make Youboty the 5th most desirable CB to be active.

So, it seems likely that if active, he wouldn't be 'needed' to be on the field, so having him active would merely be for the purpose of giving him exposure. Since this is the case, who do you choose to sit that likely wouldn't contribute?