ex-House candidate Paul Hackett - a Dem with spunk

Paul Hackett - D, who ran against Jean Schmidt - R in a special House election last year to replace Rep. Portman who joined the Administration, is being investigated by a Hamilton, OH county grand jury for a November incident where he followed and forced to the ground, some young people who crashed into his fence at his domicile in the posh, exclusive town of Indian Hills, OH.

Hackett was armed with an AR-15, and the police said he told them he puts one round in the chamber and that he usually has 28 rounds in the magazine.

Anybody remember Carl Rowan? :thumbdown:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...EWS01/701100339

Paul Hackett - D, who ran against Jean Schmidt - R in a special House election last year to replace Rep. Portman who joined the Administration, is being investigated by a Hamilton, OH county grand jury for a November incident where he followed and forced to the ground, some young people who crashed into his fence at his domicile in the posh, exclusive town of Indian Hills, OH.

Hackett was armed with an AR-15, and the police said he told them he puts one round in the chamber and that he usually has 28 rounds in the magazine.

Anybody remember Carl Rowan? :pirate:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...EWS01/701100339

Of course you neglect to mention that Hackett was pretty pro gun, pro NRA when he ran against mean Jean.

Of course you neglect to mention that Hackett was pretty pro gun, pro NRA when he ran against mean Jean.

Which means what, exactly? Is there some hidden agenda in the first post against the guy, other than showing his political affiliation? The last time I checked, there were plenty of Democrats who are pro gun and members of the NRA.

Which means what, exactly? Is there some hidden agenda in the first post against the guy, other than showing his political affiliation? The last time I checked, there were plenty of Democrats who are pro gun and members of the NRA.

Ok, I'll explain this to you carefully as if you were a child so listen up. Stuck in Cincy's obvious intent was to try and show Hackett was being hypocritical by menacing around his property with a very large gun, that's the reason for the mention of the late Washington Post columnist Carl Rowan in his post. Rowan, if you will recall, was an outspoken advocate of gun control in many of his columns who later threatened some kids swimming in his pool with a firearm.

Now here's the key to the ignorance of stuck in Cincy's post, he tried to equate Hackett, a lifetime NRA member with the staunchly pro gun control Rowan.

Ya git it now?

It is funny about Hackett though. Here he's a gun advocate yet he loses the NRA's endorsement to Mean Jean proving once again that a nutball fringe group like the NRA is pretty much in the back pocket of the Republican Party and vice versa.

Ok, I'll explain this to you carefully as if you were a child so listen up. Stuck in Cincy's obvious intent was to try and show Hackett was being hypocritical by menacing around his property with a very large gun, that's the reason for the mention of the late Washington Post columnist Carl Rowan in his post. Rowan, if you will recall, was an outspoken advocate of gun control in many of his columns who later threatened some kids swimming in his pool with a firearm.

I had no idea who Carl Rowan was.

Now here's the key to the ignorance of stuck in Cincy's post, he tried to equate Hackett, a lifetime NRA member with the staunchly pro gun control Rowan.

Michael Moore is a lifetime NRA member. That particular title doesn't hold much meaning, really.

Ya git it now?

I do. You'll just have to forgive me for not reading the Washington Post or giving a moment of time to an outspoken advocate of something I don't believe in.

It is funny about Hackett though. Here he's a gun advocate yet he loses the NRA's endorsement to Mean Jean proving once again that a nutball fringe group like the NRA is pretty much in the back pocket of the Republican Party and vice versa.

Politics as usual. Al Gore is supposedly an environmentalist but that hasn't stopped him from making millions with Occidental Petroleum and clearing hurdles for the company to rape environmentally sensitive land.

The NRA will always lean to the Republicans because they know how Washington works. Democrats who are pro-gun can be marginalized by their own party if there's another hot button issue where that particular legislator actually needs party support (or cash for reelection).

"Politics as usual. Al Gore is supposedly an environmentalist but that hasn't stopped him from making millions with Occidental Petroleum and clearing hurdles for the company to rape environmentally sensitive land."

Al Gore is a nimrod. Make no mistake about this guy. I actually took up a couple hours of my time to see his movie and was rewarded with such nuggets of wisdom at the end credits that maybe turning off some lights when I leave my domicile will go a long way towards saving the Polar ice caps.

I make no bones that both Clinton and Gore were charlatans...and to a lesser extent Kerry.

Still.....look what we've gotten since....*shudder*

• 2 weeks later...
"Politics as usual. Al Gore is supposedly an environmentalist but that hasn't stopped him from making millions with Occidental Petroleum and clearing hurdles for the company to rape environmentally sensitive land."

Al Gore is a nimrod. Make no mistake about this guy. I actually took up a couple hours of my time to see his movie and was rewarded with such nuggets of wisdom at the end credits that maybe turning off some lights when I leave my domicile will go a long way towards saving the Polar ice caps.

I make no bones that both Clinton and Gore were charlatans...and to a lesser extent Kerry.

Still.....look what we've gotten since....*shudder*

You're going to have a hard time convincing me we're not getting exactly what we deserve.

Ya git it now?

Rowan didn't just threaten the kids, he shot them. Then he tried to get out of it by hanging his son out to dry who was an FBI agent, saying that his son left his gun there,

Ya git it now?

Dear Joey B*lls...

I made no equivocation to Rowan, merely a referral.

Perhaps since you seemingly know Hackett, you know about his lawyerly ambulance-chasing...the local AM talk show chap has on air, related repeated calls from the cur, offering to bring suit in a small fender-bender car crash - Mr. Paul saying that he would take no more than 30% of any settlement. :thumbdown:

And please flesh out, sterquilinous one, why the NRA is "nutball"...

Dear Joey B*lls...

I made no equivocation to Rowan, merely a referral.

Perhaps since you seemingly know Hackett, you know about his lawyerly ambulance-chasing...the local AM talk show chap has on air, related repeated calls from the cur, offering to bring suit in a small fender-bender car crash - Mr. Paul saying that he would take no more than 30% of any settlement. :thumbdown:

And please flesh out, sterquilinous one, why the NRA is "nutball"...

Ok, then why refer to Rowan at all? If you aren't comparing Hackett to Rowan then your reference makes little sense. Christ why not use Dick Cheney then?

I couldn't give a rat's ass about Hackett. I just remember when his campaign got National attention and it was made mention that he was pro-gun and an NRA member. I then looked up to confirm for my post what I had previously heard and called you on it.

After that I really don't know much about him....except he lost to Nurse Diesel.