Bills in Europe!

Well it looks like the Bills are hot favorites to play a game in Europe next season (August) due not selling out all their home games. Venue is either England or Germany. I'm guessing that Germany would be chosen country as most of the NFL Europe teams are situated there, that and the fact that Wembly stadium in London is under construction. I wonder how many fans will travel over? I'll probably make the short hop from Ireland with at least one buddy, more if its in London.

Sorry But I feel as if the NFL belongs in the USA only. Thats just how I feel. If It was a preseason game, then I wouldnt care, but to have a regular season game over there is nonsense. I can see a preseason game, but regular season noway! The home team would lose out on alot of funds, not to mention they would only have 7 true home games, while the rest of the NFL has a full 8. NOT FAIR at all.

I think its bad move!

but like I said if it were preseason, I wouldnt have a problem with that.

Besides, Europe already has football, its called soccer.

Well it looks like the Bills are hot favorites to play a game in Europe next season (August) due not selling out all their home games. Venue is either England or Germany. I'm guessing that Germany would be chosen country as most of the NFL Europe teams are situated there, that and the fact that Wembly stadium in London is under construction. I wonder how many fans will travel over? I'll probably make the short hop from Ireland with at least one buddy, more if its in London.

I can see how that would be cool for you personally, but as a season ticket holder in OP it kind of sucks for me.

Sorry But I feel as if the NFL belongs in the USA only. Thats just how I feel. If It was a preseason game, then I wouldnt care, but to have a regular season game over there is nonsense. I can see a preseason game, but regular season noway! The home team would lose out on alot of funds, not to mention they would only have 7 true home games, while the rest of the NFL has a full 8. NOT FAIR at all.

I think its bad move!

but like I said if it were preseason, I wouldnt have a problem with that.

Besides, Europe already has football, its called soccer.

I agree completely. I think a game in Europe, no matter the "home team" is a hassle and a marketing nightmare. Is it going to be a primetime game there so Americans can watch it at regular time or will I have to get up at 5 to watch my team on Sunday?

Last year SF and AZ played in Mexico but I think that's an ENTIRELY different scenario. First off, the teams and the venue hail from the same hemisphere, and the two teams chosen to play there probably bolster fan support from Mexicans or recently emmigrated Mexicans.

A game in Europe = great fun for Europe but a smack in the face to the team/fans of the "home" team that waste one week's precious advantage.

Hardest schedule in the league this year and now this chance for this next year!? :thumbdown:

I agree completely. I think a game in Europe, no matter the "home team" is a hassle and a marketing nightmare. Is it going to be a primetime game there so Americans can watch it at regular time or will I have to get up at 5 to watch my team on Sunday?

Last year SF and AZ played in Mexico but I think that's an ENTIRELY different scenario. First off, the teams and the venue hail from the same hemisphere, and the two teams chosen to play there probably bolster fan support from Mexicans or recently emmigrated Mexicans.

A game in Europe = great fun for Europe but a smack in the face to the team/fans of the "home" team that waste one week's precious advantage.

Hardest schedule in the league this year and now this chance for this next year!? :wallbash:

:thumbdown::devil:

An evening game in Europe (7 PM in Germany 6 PM in London) would put the game in the usual 1PM ET slot in the US...

The fan support AND marketing opportunities in Europe are much more important than the ones in Mexico. That game tickets will probably be sold in a few hours even if they play in the biggest stadium of the Continent.

The home team will receive tons of money from the league as a compensation.

:thumbdown::wallbash:

An evening game in Europe (7 PM in Germany 6 PM in London) would put the game in the usual 1PM ET slot in the US...

The fan support AND marketing opportunities in Europe are much more important than the ones in Mexico. That game tickets will probably be sold in a few hours even if they play in the biggest stadium of the Continent.

The home team will receive tons of money from the league as a compensation.

Well said my Gallic cousin.

A game in Europe would be so easy to market it's untrue! Fans from accross the CONTINENT will flock to see it. And revenues will be sick when you add in all the merchandise sales, inflated ticket prices (a standard ticket to a Premiership game costs £50-60 aka $100-120). Don't forget TV deals the NFL would make for the game, the exposure these 200-odd travelling American sports people would generate - the marketing will not be an issue at all.

Also - last time I checked, Europe is in the same hemisphere as North America. Do they teach geography in High Schools???

The SF/AZ contest proved that the NFL has a market outside of the US. What's more - the NFL sells it's TV rights in the UK for Millions of dollars. Germany has it's own branch of the freakin NFL! Of course a real NFL game will be well attended!!