Well now we know J Rice would have never played in Buffalo

Stevie Ray

If we had drafted him in 1985, he would have either signed with us or have gone to the USFL & then he would have joined us in 1986. The Hall of Famer Jerry Rice may not have joined us as a free agent, but young Jerry Rice wouldn't have had much of a choice. There was no free agency until 1993.

I don't have expendable income pouring out my ears, but I have been in many different cities of various size, status, and quality, and I have always been able to find a good time. Throw in a $2 million per year salary, and I'm pretty goddam sure I would tear it up no matter where I was...

Any player who is more concerned with extracurricular activities than playing football is probably a player you don't want. (Mr. Rice may be an exception.) Mainly, players want to play for winners. If Buffalo was a good team, we'd have no trouble getting good players. Players who embrace Buffalo because the candya$$e$ who prefer to play in Miami fear coming here.

PTR

If we had drafted him in 1985, he would have either signed with us or have gone to the USFL & then he would have joined us in 1986. The Hall of Famer Jerry Rice may not have joined us as a free agent, but young Jerry Rice wouldn't have had much of a choice. There was no free agency until 1993.

Or he could have pouted his way to a trade ala Chris Burkett another 1985 WR we drafted that people forget about