Eagles better off without McNabb?

RLflutie7

Are the Eagles better without Donovan McNabb?

I think they are because Garcia is a more accurate passer. But they've also balanced their offense since losing McNabb to injury. More running plays. And how many times do you see this. When coaches get away from the running game they start losing. When the come back to the running game they start to win more.

When McNabb comes back maybe they'll wise up and take the ball out of Donovan's hands and place the offense in Westbrook's.

Westbrook is better than Reggie Bush. The media hype is going to the wrong player. They are so similiar in build etc. but Westbrook can run between the tackles. So, at this point Westbrook is a better player than Reggie Bush.

I think they are because Garcia is a more accurate passer. But they've also balanced their offense since losing McNabb to injury. More running plays. And how many times do you see this. When coaches get away from the running game they start losing. When the come back to the running game they start to win more.

When McNabb comes back maybe they'll wise up and take the ball out of Donovan's hands and place the offense in Westbrook's.

Westbrook is better than Reggie Bush. The media hype is going to the wrong player. They are so similiar in build etc. but Westbrook can run between the tackles. So, at this point Westbrook is a better player than Reggie Bush.

westbrook is a walking injury machine. he barely made it through the giants game due to cramps/soreness, but decided he needed to take one for the team. the guy is great, but he simply can't hold up as an everydown player.

I've thought the same thing. I think the media is shy to say this because the first person to speak up will ruin their career as they will be branded a racist. McNabb is untouchable because of this

I've thought the same thing. I think the media is shy to say this because the first person to speak up will ruin their career as they will be branded a racist. McNabb is untouchable because of this

That's what bugs me the most about McNabb, (other than him being inaccurate), he seems to be untouchable. People are ripping Vick why not McNabb?

westbrook is a walking injury machine. he barely made it through the giants game due to cramps/soreness, but decided he needed to take one for the team. the guy is great, but he simply can't hold up as an everydown player.

he only missed one game this year and that was as a precaution against a weak Green Bay team and to keep him healthy for Dallas which was the following week....calling him a walking injury machine is an exaggeration. He is on the small side for a RB but he proved this year that he can handle the load by carrying the team down the stretch and against the Giants

240 carries for 1217 yards, 7 TDs and team leading 77 receptions for 699 yards and 4 TDs

the guy had an upset stomach during the third quarter of the Giants game that had nothing to do with any injury

The eagles are not better without McNabb. It is the coaching when Mcnabb is playing that sucks. They rely to much on his arm and mobility. Westbrook is very good running back and should be getting 30 touches a game between running and receiving.

The Eagles could of used Garcia in that 2 minute drive in the Superbowl when Mcnabb was hyperventilating and throwing up. Thats a bigger choke then even Peyton Manning!

yep that was histerical, my friend's an Eagles fan and I bug him about that all the time.

The Eagles could of used Garcia in that 2 minute drive in the Superbowl when Mcnabb was hyperventilating and throwing up. Thats a bigger choke then even Peyton Manning!

So there's our answer. The Eagles are better off without McNabb....during any two minute drives to win a Superbowl that they may have in the future.

And, Westbrook is better than Reggie Bush (even though nobody ever asked).

The Answer is No and Yes.

No to Jeff Garcia being any form of "better then McNabb" Yes to the overall play calling. Once Marty Mornhinwig was given the play calling duties and mcnabb got injured the overall philosophy changed for the eagles for the better. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I'm pretty sure there was a huge difference in pass to run ratio when McNabb was qb compared to Garcia. I'm not a big McNabb fan and think he has a lot of shortcomings. He seems to fold at the worst time in big game situations.

He's also becoming really prone to injuries something like 3 of the last 4 years he has missed time. However when he comes back and the playcalling stays as balanced as it has been as of late The Eagles will be the nfc's best team. Garcia however does deserve some credit he's not only kept the eagles afloat but has one 6 straight games being more then just a "caretaker" but playing like the qb he was while in san fran.

Exactly. I sure as hell wouldn't want DMac as my QB in a big game.