It's Not About The Oil

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say, what's your position on the issue we are discussing? Or don't you have one? That would be my bet

Its always about the oil. And always will be. Until we wean ourselves off the black gold, we'll have to ensure that we get what we need. If its by war, so be it.

In 1940, Japan occupied French Indochina (Vietnam) upon agreement with the French Vichy government, and joined the Axis powers Germany and Italy. These actions intensified Japan's conflict with the United States and Great Britain which reacted with an oil boycott. The resulting oil shortage and failures to solve the conflict diplomatically made Japan decide to capture the oil rich Dutch East Indies (Indonesia) and to start a war with the US and Great Britain.

Now why dont you tell why you changed your screen name, and what was it?

Its always about the oil. And always will be. Until we wean ourselves off the black gold, we'll have to ensure that we get what we need. If its by war, so be it.

Now why dont you tell why you changed your screen name, and what was it?

Oh great, the little dog has an opinion. So war for oil is a good idea with you? Too bad we lost this war for oil and just haven't realized it yet. So while its fine with you our troops are dying to secure a resourse, what do we do when we hit peak oil? Wouldn't it be smarter to turn to conservation, alternative energy and others measures instead of war?

What do other posters think about our little dog here thinking a war for oil is a good thing?

Arf arf!

Oh great, the little dog has an opinion. So war for oil is a good idea with you? Too bad we lost this war for oil and just haven't realized it yet. So while its fine with you our troops are dying to secure a resourse, what do we do when we hit peak oil? Wouldn't it be smarter to turn to conservation, alternative energy and others measures instead of war?

What do other posters think about our little dog here thinking a war for oil is a good thing?

Arf arf!

Thanks for proving the fact, that you ARE a moron.

So after calling the Japanese people Japs, will you be calling blacks, !@#$s, next?

Arf arf!

I have some knowledge of what took place with the JapANESE Empire prior to WWII, but not enough so Ill leave that to Darin and Tom.

But all I DO know is that if it werent for GHWB and the U.S. back in 1989, Iraq quite well would control the ENTIRE Arabian Peninsula, including the Persian Gulf and therefore the vast majority of all the worlds oil and energy source. And worse, he would protect it all with a huge military that would most likely have nukes by now...paid for by all that oil revenue.

Today, we face a similiar problem with Iran..where another madman who is speculated to have aspirations to bring about the end of the World for religious reasons and is KNOWN to posses desires to "wipe [whole Countries] off the map" already has a lion's share of the world's oil AND soon, the nukes to protect it and carry out his terrorizing agenda.

If youre so mindless and blind to think that such scenarios arent worth fighting against, if not just to protect OUR interests, but those of the entire planet, then youre a !@#$ING DOLT, pure and simple.

I have some knowledge of what took place with the JapANESE Empire prior to WWII, but not enough so Ill leave that to Darin and Tom.

But all I DO know is that if it werent for GHWB and the U.S. back in 1989, Iraq quite well would control the ENTIRE Arabian Peninsula, including the Persian Gulf and therefore the vast majority of all the worlds oil and energy source. And worse, he would protect it all with a huge military that would most likely have nukes by now...paid for by all that oil revenue.

Today, we face a similiar problem with Iran..where another madman who is speculated to have aspirations to bring about the end of the World for religious reasons and is KNOWN to posses desires to "wipe [whole Countries] off the map" already has a lion's share of the world's oil AND soon, the nukes to protect it and carry out his terrorizing agenda.

If youre so mindless and blind to think that such scenarios arent worth fighting against, if not just to protect OUR interests, but those of the entire planet, then youre a !@#$ING DOLT, pure and simple.

Fine, and Kudos to Bush one for "liberating" Kuwait and all. Still, be careful for what you wish for, namely a war. The love of war will get us no where. That is what you want. You claim the end of the world will happen if we don't attack, but an attack could very well bring about the same results. The Saudi foreign minister--no friend of Iran, mind you--said that just one missle fired TOWARDS Saudi Arabia would drive the price of oil to $100 a bbl. Now imagine the Straights of Hormuz cut off, or a direct hit on a few oil tankers in the Gulf or on Sadis oil facilities, or if Iran simply refuses to sell its oil for one week or a month. You might say, no big deal, but in the real world there would be a giant impact, felt at every level. The Baker Iraq commission made a lot of sense in my opinion. Its time to open up channels to talk. We all have to live on this planet together and with all the countries building nukes now its better we talk than fight. Talking will also give us better electorial success in Iran. After all, the current moron 'in charge' over there would have lost had not Bush labled them as part of Axis of Evil.

Fine, and Kudos to Bush one for "liberating" Kuwait and all.
What do you mean "liberating"? Whats with the quotes? I see youve minimized the scenario I spelled out vis a vis Hussein's invasion of Kuwait. Why?

Still, be careful for what you wish for, namely a war. The love of war will get us no where.

Never said I "wished" for was and "loved" war. I dont think anyone short of Colonel Kilgore has shown a "love" and "desire" for war.

That is what you want.
What I want is protection from madmen who seek world domination through extortion.

You claim the end of the world will happen if we don't attack, but an attack could very well bring about the same results.

No, dummy. I do not claim this. The leader of Iran does. Ya know him? The guy with all the oil and soon to have nukes? Yeah....him. And unless Russia goes full-bore to back Iran in any conflict, a nuclear holocaust will not come from this.

The Saudi foreign minister--no friend of Iran, mind you--said that just one missle fired TOWARDS Saudi Arabia would drive the price of oil to $100 a bbl. Now imagine the Straights of Hormuz cut off, or a direct hit on a few oil tankers in the Gulf or on Sadis oil facilities, or if Iran simply refuses to sell its oil for one week or a month. You might say, no big deal, but in the real world there would be a giant impact, felt at every level.

Thats my POINT. If Iran is emboldened with nukes, this scenario is very possible. If Hussein's agenda was not challenged, this ALL would have taken place by now.

The Baker Iraq commission made a lot of sense in my opinion. Its time to open up channels to talk. We all have to live on this planet together and with all the countries building nukes now its better we talk than fight. Talking will also give us better electorial success in Iran.

"Talk" got us far with Hitler, didnt it? And all those weapons we developed between 1950 and 1985 did NOTHING to keep Stalin and Kruschev et al in check, right? There is a need for diplomacy, sure. But to say its the only way out and "war is not the answer"? Thats such pie in the sky, it makes Betty Crocker blush.

After all, the current moron 'in charge' over there would have lost had not Bush labled them as part of Axis of Evil.

Ammenikjhfsfkjh has elected long after Bush saying this. His support is eroding today, as eveidenced by recent elections there. The PEOPLE of Iran are acutally quite moderate. But becuase Bush said something, they ran to the polls to vote for this guy? Give me a break.

What do you mean "liberating"? Whats with the quotes? I see youve minimized the scenario I spelled out vis a vis Hussein's invasion of Kuwait. Why?

Never said I "wished" for was and "loved" war. I dont think anyone short of Colonel Kilgore has shown a "love" and "desire" for war.

What I want is protection from madmen who seek world domination through extortion.

No, dummy. I do not claim this. The leader of Iran does. Ya know him? The guy with all the oil and soon to have nukes? Yeah....him. And unless Russia goes full-bore to back Iran in any conflict, a nuclear holocaust will not come from this.

Thats my POINT. If Iran is emboldened with nukes, this scenario is very possible. If Hussein's agenda was not challenged, this ALL would have taken place by now.

"Talk" got us far with Hitler, didnt it? And all those weapons we developed between 1950 and 1985 did NOTHING to keep Stalin and Kruschev et al in check, right? There is a need for diplomacy, sure. But to say its the only way out and "war is not the answer"? Thats such pie in the sky, it makes Betty Crocker blush.

Ammenikjhfsfkjh has elected long after Bush saying this. His support is eroding today, as eveidenced by recent elections there. The PEOPLE of Iran are acutally quite moderate. But becuase Bush said something, they ran to the polls to vote for this guy? Give me a break.

Yup, good thing we invaded Soviet Union to end Cold War. Nah, diplomacy never works, nope, never

Yup, good thing we invaded Soviet Union to end Cold War. Nah, diplomacy never works, nope, never

Gee, thats funny...I said JUST THAT.

I notice you have a habit of posting a lot of crap, get pounded on it, and then spin away from the debate with one line retorts that more often than not, dont even make sense.

Whats your deal?

Gee, thats funny...I said JUST THAT.

I notice you have a habit of posting a lot of crap, get pounded on it, and then spin away from the debate with one line retorts that more often than not, dont even make sense.

Whats your deal?

You brought up the Hitler appeasement episode again, I assuse to shoot down the idea of diplomacy. I see that as silly. Totally different situation. And on top of that to point to the 'appeasement' of Hitler to as some sort of proof diplomacy doesn't work is the silly. We are not even talking to the Iranians, that is stupid, arrogent and dangerous