Interesting choice by Jags for OC

Dirk Koetter, just fired by ASU. He was a terrible head coach but is a terrific offensive coach and mind. I think he will probably do very well, if given some time. He may need some adjustment to the NFL. A surprising hire, but I have watched his offenses a lot and he is a really sharp guy. Just over his head as a head coach due to some questionable social skills.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articl...oetter0109.html

This move might bode well for Matt Jones next year with the Jags.

He started the year strong this past year....suffered a few injuries and then played very well at the end of the year.

He will also be entering the magical year three for a WR....someone forgot to tell Marques Colston about that maxim.....

FOUR POINT EIGHT MILLION?!!!!!!!? Are you serious? That is Nick Saban kind of money!

That is ridiculous......Other than Jimmy Johnson no other college HC has been successful in his transition to the NFL in the last 15-20 years......

Steve Spurrier (Redskins)

Nick Saban (Dolphins)

Butch Davis (Browns)

Dennis Erickson (Seahawks)

Lou Holtz (Jets)

Why would anyone pay a college HC so much money.....I would rather get an NFL assistant..

That is ridiculous......Other than Jimmy Johnson no other college HC has been successful in his transition to the NFL in the last 15-20 years......

Steve Spurrier (Redskins)

Nick Saban (Dolphins)

Butch Davis (Browns)

Dennis Erickson (Seahawks)

Lou Holtz (Jets)

Why would anyone pay a college HC so much money.....I would rather get an NFL assistant..

Didn't Holtz coach for the Jets in the 1970s?

Didn't Holtz coach for the Jets in the 1970s?

He did.

I met him when I went to the Joe Namath football camp. He was one of the coaches. It was just after he was hired to be the Jets coach. If I recall correctly, he quit during the season.