Be careful what you ask for

My company has a joint venture with another company for a large government project, and we had a “working group lunch” at his office today.

His office building is adjacent to the post office, and many postal vehicles and citizens’ vehicles use his parking lot as a short cut (and drive very fast through the lot as well).

He contracted with a concrete company (that normally does patios and sidewalks) to build “speed bumps” in the parking lot to slow down the traffic. He specified the speed bumps to be 5” high and 18” long.

So the concrete company cut out small sections of the concrete parking lot, and put in the concrete speed bumps.

Problem: The concrete company put in speed bumps that are LITERALLY 5” high by 18” long (no rounding). Driving over them is like hitting a curb.

At last count, they have taken out about 30 axles, including 3 postal vehicles.

The concrtete company is supposed to come later this week to round off the bumps.

My company has a joint venture with another company for a large government project, and we had a “working group lunch” at his office today.

His office building is adjacent to the post office, and many postal vehicles and citizens’ vehicles use his parking lot as a short cut (and drive very fast through the lot as well).

He contracted with a concrete company (that normally does patios and sidewalks) to build “speed bumps” in the parking lot to slow down the traffic. He specified the speed bumps to be 5” high and 18” long.

So the concrete company cut out small sections of the concrete parking lot, and put in the concrete speed bumps.

Problem: The concrete company put in speed bumps that are LITERALLY 5” high by 18” long (no rounding). Driving over them is like hitting a curb.

At last count, they have taken out about 30 axles, including 3 postal vehicles.

The concrtete company is supposed to come later this week to round off the bumps.

Can Dalls ask for anything and have it go right? (i.e. JFK).