Three observations from the Jets/Pats game

1. My 2 year old daughter has a stronger arm than Chad Pennington. How in God's name is he a starter in the NFL?

2. Bill Belichek dresses like a freaking homeless person. For a guy with an ego as big as his, you'd think he'd have a bit more pride.

3. Did they actually call two penalties on Teddi (Jesus) Bruschi?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. My 2 year old daughter has a stronger arm than Chad Pennington. How in God's name is he a starter in the NFL?

2. Bill Belichek dresses like a freaking homeless person. For a guy with an ego as big as his, you'd think he'd have a bit more pride.

3. Did they actually call two penalties on Teddi (Jesus) Bruschi?

Chad Pennington is smart, tough and he is a true leader. Far better than our QB who has the physical talent but not the determination of Pennigton or Brady. I am so sick of hearing about arm strength. Penningto is a winner and he always will be. I bet he will a Super Bowl before JP w/ his determination, toughness and his coach.

Chad Pennington is smart, tough and he is a true leader. Far better than our QB who has the physical talent but not the determination of Pennigton or Brady. I am so sick of hearing about arm strength. Penningto is a winner and he always will be. I bet he will a Super Bowl before JP w/ his determination, toughness and his coach.

I bet you he won't. I'll also bet you the Jets never sweep the Bills with Pennington and JP as starters.

Before you knock JP, Pennington had the luxury of sitting on the bench three years figuring things out before getting thrown into live action. No doubt that Pennington is one the smartest QB's in the league. But I believe JP will develop that same savvy--especially being in the same system with the same players next year.

If we put in mike mayock, the weird draft guru with his determination, could he win a superbowl? Pennington has the weakest arm i have ever seen. I look forward to playing them twice next year!

Only seven short days in, this is an early entry for dumbest post of the year.

Chad Pennington is underrated, so is J.P. Losman. You don't have to like the Jets, but the fact is with Pennington they went 10-6, without him they went 4-12. I think he and the o-line are more responsible for that change than Mangini's magic. He averages 7.2 yards per attempt, how that's possible when he only throws 5 yards is another story, but fact is he still completes passes. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/PennCh01.htm

I think J.P. will end up being the better QB and I don't think Pennington will ever get to a probowl. That aside he's still a top-20 consistant QB in this league. He's an upgraded Kelly Holcomb :thumbsup:

Deluca is that you?

So was Chad "determined" to throw that pick today? How is losing the game for your team indicative of being a "winner". That ball took FOREVER to get there - and so it got picked. You can be "determined" to be a good QB, but without the talent what difference would it make?

It's kinda like you being "determined" to make a reasonable point/argument, but without the ability to do so, we end up with your post above. :thumbsup:

Face it - Pennington's lack of talent is the exact reason the Jets lost today - period. JP will rule this guy next year - as well as Brady - because he will have combined his talent(which is superior to both) with a solid mental/technical approach and superior coaching from Fairchild/Schonert.

Does anyone else see Pennington as the perenial first round in the playoffs and out QB who's always good enough to make it to the playoffs, but will never get beyond the wild card round unless getting help from Marty ball?

Man, I hate the pats so much I'm defending the Jets :thumbsup: , I'm gonna go take a shower.

Far better than our QB who has the physical talent but not the determination of Pennigton or Brady. I am so sick of hearing about arm strength. Penningto is a winner and he always will be. I bet he will a Super Bowl before JP w/ his determination, toughness and his coach.

Bwaa!!! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, nothing against you but that's so off sounding that I had to laugh out loud. I give Chad credit for his determination (although JP seems to have plenty determination himself), etc. But he just doesn't have the arm to get it done if the D he's facing can take away the short routes in the middle of the field.

I smell Deluca.

Tool alert!

So was Chad "determined" to throw that pick today? How is losing the game for your team indicative of being a "winner". That ball took FOREVER to get there - and so it got picked. You can be "determined" to be a good QB, but without the talent what difference would it make?

It's kinda like you being "determined" to make a reasonable point/argument, but without the ability to do so, we end up with your post above. :thumbsup:

Face it - Pennington's lack of talent is the exact reason the Jets lost today - period. JP will rule this guy next year - as well as Brady - because he will have combined his talent(which is superior to both) with a solid mental/technical approach and superior coaching from Fairchild/Schonert.

The Patriots are by far the better team with better talent and they had a built a good lead and the Jets were running short on time so hence Pennington had to take more chances. I will tell you this for the first three quarters the Jets looked like Patriots i.e. making them earn every yard, toughness and determination on Offense, not giving up the big play, etc.. The Jets really scare me. I see them overtaking the Patriots for the division in the coming years.

Me too. I was petrified the NFL was going to take away the 22 point ass whipping we laid on them at their house late in the season.

The Jets. Too funny.

What exactly happened against Tenn.?????? If were so good, why did we lose?????

The Patriots are by far the better team with better talent and they had a built a good lead and the Jets were running short on time so hence Pennington had to take more chances. I will tell you this for the first three quarters the Jets looked like Patriots i.e. making them earn every yard, toughness and determination on Offense, not giving up the big play, etc.. The Jets really scare me. I see them overtaking the Patriots for the division in the coming years.

Me too..... CBS posted yesterday on pre-game they have the least amount of FA/RFA's & the most amount of cap space in '07. :pirate:

What exactly happened against Tenn.?????? If were so good, why did we lose?????

What does that have to do with the fact we kicked the jets ass at the meadowlands?

That's almost like telling someone not to step on molten rock cause it's hot and the person responds "YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT WATER IT'S WET"