Leinart = Pennington = Tease

I'm so glad we don't have either of those guys. They are very good quarterbacks and can and will win games for you, and put up good numbers, but when you need them to make a throw they cannot do it. They don't have the necessary oomph to win it all, and that is the name of this game.

Yes, Leinart is a loser :thumbsup:

He has only won at every level in which he has played. The kid is a rookie and you're ready to throw him under a bus. My $ says Leinart will be a winner sooner rather than later.

Just watch.

I'm so glad we don't have either of those guys. They are very good quarterbacks and can and will win games for you, and put up good numbers, but when you need them to make a throw they cannot do it. They don't have the necessary oomph to win it all, and that is the name of this game.

Yes, Leinart is a loser :thumbsup:

He has only won at every level in which he has played. The kid is a rookie nad you're ready to throw him under a bus. My $ says Leinart will be a winner sooner rather than later.

Just watch.

I think Leinart is an excellent quarterback, as is Pennington. He's very smart, polished, accurate, tough, coachable, and even surprises you with his athletic ability at times. It's simply a matter of a physical ceiling on his and Chad's play. Yes, it's possible that one of them will get to the Championship game or win the Super Bowl one day. Stranger things have happened. But I seriously doubt it and would bet anything against it, regardless of the fact it's a team game. They really are not able to make the plays an NFL QB needs. Brady will dink and dunk you all day, but when he needs to make a hard or long throw, he can do it and does do it. Leinart and Pennington cannot. And what exactly has Leinart won at this level, four games?

I dont know how you come up with this equation for leinart. He's won at every level. his arm is stronger then penningtons. If anything he wont win because of the franchise he plays for, but to label him as a loser after his rookie year is a bit much.

Ultimate loser, in this instance, means never able to win the big one. I didn't mean to say or imply that he sucks, he's actually very good, just limited.

Stop the crazy talk. HE IS A ROOKIE!

How many games did Troy Aikman win in his first year? I think it was 1.

Leinart absolutely CAN make the big throws, especially playing in Arizona where cold weather and wind is a non-factor.

Leinart and Pennington cannot. And what exactly has Leinart won at this level, four games?

Leinart's arm is better than Chadwick's.... not that that's saying much. He doesn't have a cannon either. He can be very successful in the right situation.

But more important, ML doesn't get rattled and turn into a little girl when he gets hit a couple of times.

Stop the crazy talk. HE IS A ROOKIE!

How many games did Troy Aikman win in his first year? I think it was 1.

Leinart absolutely CAN make the big throws, especially playing in Arizona where cold weather and wind is a non-factor.

You're the one who said he's won at every level, pal. He is not going to gain arm strength. I live in LA and am a big Pac 10 fan. I've seen him play dozens of games. I think he's a huge talent. But he cannot throw a long out, his deep balls take forever to land, he cannot drill the ball 25 yards down the middle of the field, he's a little slow in his delivery because he is so big. I watched him this year, too, and you can clearly see his limitations, IMO. You cannot teach arm strength. Players get away with it, players win a lot of games without it, players get to Pro Bowls and put up good numbers. They rarely if ever win it all. Even Trent Dilfer could deliver a ball when he had to. It's my opinion based on decades of watching pro football and watching a lot of Leinart. You may be right, but I would bet anything against it.

I think Leinart is an excellent quarterback, as is Pennington. He's very smart, polished, accurate, tough, coachable, and even surprises you with his athletic ability at times. It's simply a matter of a physical ceiling on his and Chad's play. Yes, it's possible that one of them will get to the Championship game or win the Super Bowl one day. Stranger things have happened. But I seriously doubt it and would bet anything against it, regardless of the fact it's a team game. They really are not able to make the plays an NFL QB needs. Brady will dink and dunk you all day, but when he needs to make a hard or long throw, he can do it and does do it. Leinart and Pennington cannot. And what exactly has Leinart won at this level, four games?

I agree with you on this. And I would say it applies to many, many other NFL QBs over the years.

And for the same reasons, I can't understand why someone doesn't want Kurt Warner as their starting QB. Kurt can still make all the throws. His play has slipped some, but he can still make all the throws. You got guys like Kitna starting and Warner riding the bench.

Guys like Steve Deberg fit the physical ceiling that you talk about. And it's why I liked Ryan Leaf so much. He had great upside.

I agree with you on this. And I would say it applies to many, many other NFL QBs over the years.

And for the same reasons, I can't understand why someone doesn't want Kurt Warner as their starting QB. Kurt can still make all the throws. His play has slipped some, but he can still make all the throws. You got guys like Kitna starting and Warner riding the bench.

Guys like Steve Deberg fit the physical ceiling that you talk about. And it's why I liked Ryan Leaf so much. He had great upside.

Warners problem is that he cant hold onto the ball any longer....

Are you serious? :pirate:

Over the years, Warner turned in to a turnover MACHINE.

thanks for the reminder that football isn't a team game.

You're the one who said he's won at every level, pal. He is not going to gain arm strength. I live in LA and am a big Pac 10 fan. I've seen him play dozens of games. I think he's a huge talent. But he cannot throw a long out, his deep balls take forever to land, he cannot drill the ball 25 yards down the middle of the field, he's a little slow in his delivery because he is so big. I watched him this year, too, and you can clearly see his limitations, IMO. You cannot teach arm strength. Players get away with it, players win a lot of games without it, players get to Pro Bowls and put up good numbers. They rarely if ever win it all. Even Trent Dilfer could deliver a ball when he had to. It's my opinion based on decades of watching pro football and watching a lot of Leinart. You may be right, but I would bet anything against it.

there are a number of reasonsthat brady was drafted in the sixth round, and his inability to throw a deep out on a rope was near the top of the list.

it amazes me how much fans fetishize the deep out ...

there are a number of reasonsthat brady was drafted in the sixth round, and his inability to throw a deep out on a rope was near the top of the list.

it amazes me how much fans fetishize the deep out ...

Brady has a deceptively stronger arm than advertised and he repeatedly proves it, every game, including a couple ropes today. He used to be inaccurate deep but isn't anymore and hasn't been for 3-4 years.