TKO? Why are some of you...

Please explain. The guy comes off a huge injury, gets back. Leads this team. Prolly needs another off season to get back to 100%. I mean, do you not remember the first play of the season? I can see losing fletcher, but TKO? wtf? Also, please respond with reasoned arguments(i know this is impossible for some here - but I might as well ask :blink: ) because I am trying to understand. Dumping TKO is the furthest thing from my mind so there must something I'm missing - or this is typical 'tard logic along the lines of:

1. Marv is old

2. KH should start because of his completion percentage

3. Miami is going to the Superbowl after beating PIT and IND in their stadiums in the playoffs

Btw, I'm guessing it's the latter.

lol because a lot of people on this board are stupid! It's always "cut TKO because he hasn't recovered from such an injury right away", "Trade McGahee because he's no Tomlinson", "who needs Fletcher anyways", "Whitner is a bust because he was drafted 8th overall and he should be making big time plays", "Youboty is a big time bust", "Anthony Thomas would make a much better running back than McGahee, he fits the 'system'", etc etc. people say a lot of crazy things around here I remember with Clements, last year he was brutal and we didn't need him and we'd be better off starting McGee and getting a free agent in Nate's place, this year we couldn't possibly lose Nate because look at how bad McGee is. It's always something eh. :blink::blink:

Its because Sam Cowart could never come back to 100% after the same injury so it means TKO can't either. Nevermind the guy from the 49ers who is now on Seattle and is playing back at 100% after 2 year of recovery from the same injury

The fans always no more then the coaches/GM's. Although I do believe fans say stuff like that to help themselves deal with the loss of the players trying to make themselves believe the player sucks so that when they end up somewhere else, they don't feel the pain of losing them

it is very VERY rare that a player ever makes a full recovery from his injury. it was even rarer that i heard his name at all this year. he "lead" the team by being the only one to openly complain about releasing vincent making him the first and only one to criticize the new staff. hes one of the largest cap hits for us(not sure of the exact numbers, he may even be THE largest cap hit).

not saying i completely agree with releasing him, but if next season looks like this season its definitely time to ask him to renegotiate. if he doesnt want to, he'll probably be gone.

those are the reasons. some of them at least.

it is very VERY rare that a player ever makes a full recovery from his injury.

So that means that he can't?

it was even rarer that i heard his name at all this year.

Hmm - this is a team game - if they are running away from him - or worse straight at Fletcher - you won't hear his name much. He can't necessarily control that.

he "lead" the team by being the only one to openly complain about releasing vincent making him the first and only one to criticize the new staff.

Last I checked that's a "leader's" job. Speak for the group. Right? You can't tell me he was the only one that was upset about TV. Whitner and Simpson were in that guy's pockets all pre-season. Fletcher wasn't mad either? Come on - this is lame. He spoke up because that's his job.

hes one of the largest cap hits for us(not sure of the exact numbers, he may even be THE largest cap hit).

If he comes back next year in top form then I guess that's fine. If not, I guess it's not.

not saying i completely agree with releasing him, but if next season looks like this season its definitely time to ask him to renegotiate. if he doesnt want to, he'll probably be gone.

those are the reasons. some of them at least.

I guess I can go along with waiting till after next season - but I haven't heard anything from you so far that tells me he needed to be axed immediately. Perhaps the best idea is to see what he does during camp??

Dude, you asked for the reasons why. i gave them to you. i dont think any of them were ridiculous or witch hunting.

as i stated. im not calling for his release right now. and im definitely not arguing for it.

however, as far as saying teams didnt run at him... thats just making an excuse to try to justify your point. lots of teams ran right at him a lot of the time. travis henry ran right over him twice in the 2nd half of the tenn game. and thats just one example. he lost a big step this year. you cant argue that.

but i AM willing to give him a full year and see what happens next year. i hope he comes back. but dont blindly follow him either.

and i disagree with you saying a leader of the team is the guy who complains about the front office in the media.

the leader of the team is the guy not making distractions and keeping those players upset by the transaction on track and focused on the goal of the TEAM. thats winning the super bowl. not someone else's money.

the leader goes and maybe starts a dialogue with the coaches about it if the team is that upset about something.

crying to the media is a punk move.

Dude, you asked for the reasons why. i gave them to you. i dont think any of them were ridiculous or witch hunting.

as i stated. im not calling for his release right now. and im definitely not arguing for it.

however, as far as saying teams didnt run at him... thats just making an excuse to try to justify your point. lots of teams ran right at him a lot of the time. travis henry ran right over him twice in the 2nd half of the tenn game. and thats just one example. he lost a big step this year. you cant argue that.

but i AM willing to give him a full year and see what happens next year. i hope he comes back. but dont blindly follow him either.

The point of my post, and therefore my responses, are specific to calling for his release right now. :thumbsup: Perhaps I didn't make that clear.

I don't have a problem with most of what you are saying - but I wasn't talking about after next year.

However, # of times hearing/not hearing a TV announcer call a guy's name is hardly a reason to assess someone's performance. If that were true Tedi Bruschi would already be a hall of famer. He did seem a little late out there but I don't know if that has to do with the system, being in and out of the lineup, or maybe the injury did make him lose a step.

Once more, I am asking about why he needs to go right now!

even a post injury Spikes is better than what we could get fr the same money in FA, Lance Briggs is a very good player, yes true, but he'll cash in much more than Spikes. not to mention there will be a cap hit if we release him, I prefer to extend his contract. and replace Fletcher, this draft is pretty solid at LB, if all we can get is a OLB than Spikes can handle the middle. He's far too valuable to release.

people use cowart as a reference because he was the most recent bill that had that injury.

people use peterson as a reference because he's the ONLY ONE to come back that well from that injury.

take it all with a grain of salt.

Exactly. Cowart's injury was about 6 or 7 years ago. From what I've read, there have been major advancements in achilles surgery and treatment on that time. This is a big factor in Peterson's recovery and is a great reason to see if another offseason brings TKO back to form. Not to mention that he has a few years left on his deal and cutting him outright means a big cap hit. Definitely worth a wait and see approach IMHO. Sports medicine changes fast. You can't base opinions on TKO on a players injury from 7 years ago. And the last Bill before him with an achilles was a DB on the 1990 team. Chris somethingerother...can't recall his name.

So that means that he can't?

Hmm - this is a team game - if they are running away from him - or worse straight at Fletcher - you won't hear his name much. He can't necessarily control that.

Last I checked that's a "leader's" job. Speak for the group. Right? You can't tell me he was the only one that was upset about TV. Whitner and Simpson were in that guy's pockets all pre-season. Fletcher wasn't mad either? Come on - this is lame. He spoke up because that's his job.

If he comes back next year in top form then I guess that's fine. If not, I guess it's not.

I guess I can go along with waiting till after next season - but I haven't heard anything from you so far that tells me he needed to be axed immediately. Perhaps the best idea is to see what he does during camp??

If you went to the games, or watched the games closely or even looked at the stat sheet you wouldnt have to ask this question. Spikes was brutal this year.

If you went to the games, or watched the games closely or even looked at the stat sheet you wouldnt have to ask this question. Spikes was brutal this year.

that could be because he missed a bunch of games with another injury this year.

I went to a couple of games and saw him play. He may not be the same as he was pre injury, but he was still no worse then any of the other LB's on the team. His injury takes a while to get back to full strength. You give him atleast one more season to show improvement, if he looks the same next season, he gets released then

Letting him go this season after only one season to get back in the game (and missing most of training camp) is stupid. You might end up lucky and he doesn't come back so you look smart, or you give him a chance to come back and return as one of the better LB's in the league again and look even smarter.

This is the same as everyone saying to cut JP last offseason becuase he was not going to be a good starter. Marv and Dick are more intellegent then that

I wouldn't necessarily cut him, but I'd be keeping an eye on our younger backers for when they are ready. I'm not seeing much out of TKO after the injury. I say give him the off-season and if he looks okay in pre-season keep him. If not...let him go. TKO is a little like Fletcher, good, but his days are pretty well numbered. I'd like to keep Fletcher for the next year as well, but with either of them it is either this year or next year before age catches up to them. I'd put the books into keeping K. Thomas and N. Clements.