Bill Final Jeopardy Question

Did anyone notice that the Bills were the answer the final Jeopardy question last night? The question was misleading in that it involved the AAFC version of the Bills. Only one person got the question right. (It was something like this team was going to be the Nickels but instead chose to name themselves after a western hero.) The two women answered with "Dallas Cowboys," but the guy who won said "Buffalo Bills."

my buddy tried to stump me by asking me this question via text message. He said that according to Jeopardy the Bills got their name in 1947, but the Bills didn't come into existence until 1960. I dunno. I got the rest of the question right but the year thing threw me.

my buddy tried to stump me by asking me this question via text message. He said that according to Jeopardy the Bills got their name in 1947, but the Bills didn't come into existence until 1960. I dunno.

There was a AAFC Buffalo Bills team in the 40s I am pretty sure.

Did anyone notice that the Bills were the answer the final Jeopardy question last night? The question was misleading in that it involved the AAFC version of the Bills. Only one person got the question right. (It was something like this team was going to be the Nickels but instead chose to name themselves after a western hero.) The two women answered with "Dallas Cowboys" but the guy who won said "Buffalo Bills."

Gotta love Jeopardy. Glad to see some networks (unlike espn) give some love to the Buffalo faithful.

It's my understanding that the Bills were the second best team in the AAFC after the Cleveland Browns.

The NFL wanted the AAFC to shut down so they offered to take a handful of teams. The Browns conspired to keep the Bills out of the NFL so they could have first dibs on the Bills talent.

The NFL took the Browns, the 49ers and one other team (I think). The Bills and the Browns mergered and the Browns became the premier team in the NFL for many years to come.

When Lamar Hunt died they mentioned how he got the NFL to take all the AFL teams. I think his accomplishment was in reference to how the NFL treated the AAFC.

I love Jeporady. I'm dissappointed I missed this one.

It's my understanding that the Bills were the second best team in the AAFC after the Cleveland Browns.

The NFL wanted the AAFC to shut down so they offered to take a handful of teams. The Browns conspired to keep the Bills out of the NFL so they could have first dibs on the Bills talent.

The NFL took the Browns, the 49ers and one other team (I think). The Bills and the Browns mergered and the Browns became the premier team in the NFL for many years to come.

When Lamar Hunt died they mentioned how he got the NFL to take all the AFL teams. I think his accomplishment was in reference to how the NFL treated the AAFC.

I want to say that the Baltimore Colts came from the AAFC as well, but I may be wrong.

The team, I believe, started in the AAFC in 46 as the Buffalo Bisons then changed names in 47 to the Buffalo Bills. That team played unil 1949 when the AAFC folded and was incorporated/merged into the new NFL. When the city was granted an AFL franchise in 1960, the team kept the name of previous franchise "Buffalo Bills." The franchise was not affliated with the current team.

I also saw the question and, of course, got it right. The final Jeopardy category was "Pro Football" not "NFL Football" or the "NFL." Therefore, the question, as it did, could have included any of the pre- and post-NFL leagues. Dallas Cowboys? That answer (both by women) didn't make any sense.

So you're telling me the NFL Conspiracy against the Bills goes as far back as the 1940's???

So you're telling me the NFL Conspiracy against the Bills goes as far back as the 1940's???

:thumbsup:

Well, you could say it goes back to the 20's.

1921 was the first year the NFL was in existence. There was no championship game at the time. The Buffalo All-Americans went undefeated that year and claimed the title. The Bears also were undefeated and they were crowned the champs. The two teams didn't play that year so we'll never know who was better. (I read some stuff about the early pro football leagues a while ago and I'm writing this from memory. I apologize, in advance, if I made an error.)

:thumbsup:

Well, you could say it goes back to the 20's.

1921 was the first year the NFL was in existence. There was no championship game at the time. The Buffalo All-Americans went undefeated that year and claimed the title. The Bears also were undefeated and they were crowned the champs. The two teams didn't play that year so we'll never know who was better. (I read some stuff about the early pro football leagues a while ago and I'm writing this from memory. I apologize, in advance, if I made an error.)

Holy crap! Maybe Buffalo's City Hall was built on an old Indian burial ground. Seriously, I never would have guessed the Conspiracy would have gone back that far. How old is smaking man anyway?