Men being told to sit down to urinate...

Tux of Borg

My Webpage

Now sit, Ingvar, sit.

Young women in Sweden, Germany, and Australia have a new cause: They want men to sit down while urinating. This demand comes partly from concerns about hygiene–avoiding the splash factor–but, as Jasper Gerard reports in the English Spectator, "more crucially because a man standing up to urinate is deemed to be triumphing in his masculinity, and by extension, degrading women." One argument is that if women can't do it, then men shouldn't either. Another is that standing upright while relieving oneself is "a nasty macho gesture," suggestive of male violence. A feminist group at Stockholm University is campaigning to ban all urinals from campus, and one Swedish elementary school has already removed them. In Australia, an Internet survey shows that 17 percent of those polled think men ought to sit, while 70 percent believe they should be allowed to stand. Some Swedish women are pressuring their men to take a stand, so to speak. Yola, a 25-year-old Swedish trainee psychiatrist, says she dumps boyfriends who insist on standing. "What else can I do?" said her new boyfriend, Ingvar, who sits.

So now they want to take away the one thing we have left that they can't do? :rolleyes:

How is this an issue in public, i.e. men's room | women's room? Put toilets in the men's room and we'll still piss standing up. How is that more sanitary? At least w/ urinals, the duties of the chamberpots are kept relatively seperate (apart from the 'Who dookied in the urinal!?'). Also, this is an anotomical question --- sitting scrunches up the tubing, no? Any guy who actually does this should turn in his Man Card.

They should just be grateful we don't piss in the sink, like at the Ralph.

The only thing I give a :wallbash: to while in the restroom is guys who brace themselves with one hand placed high on the wall. What is that?

My Webpage

Now sit, Ingvar, sit.

Young women in Sweden, Germany, and Australia have a new cause: They want men to sit down while urinating. This demand comes partly from concerns about hygiene–avoiding the splash factor–but, as Jasper Gerard reports in the English Spectator, "more crucially because a man standing up to urinate is deemed to be triumphing in his masculinity, and by extension, degrading women." One argument is that if women can't do it, then men shouldn't either. Another is that standing upright while relieving oneself is "a nasty macho gesture," suggestive of male violence. A feminist group at Stockholm University is campaigning to ban all urinals from campus, and one Swedish elementary school has already removed them. In Australia, an Internet survey shows that 17 percent of those polled think men ought to sit, while 70 percent believe they should be allowed to stand. Some Swedish women are pressuring their men to take a stand, so to speak. Yola, a 25-year-old Swedish trainee psychiatrist, says she dumps boyfriends who insist on standing. "What else can I do?" said her new boyfriend, Ingvar, who sits.

When will the white man ever get a break?

My Webpage

Now sit, Ingvar, sit.

Some people really have way too much time on their hands, and I ironically say this while wasting my time reading such a dumbass topic :rolleyes:

My Webpage

Now sit, Ingvar, sit.

First off, if i was drinking, i would refuse to pull down my jeans and man thong to sit and piss like that. I mean think about it, every fifteen minutes? C'mon.

Second, i noticed someone talking about protest, if this is the case then if i were a male i would take a schitt on every public toilet seat that i used and then just say that it was skid mark, and that is why men don't pee sitting down.

First off, if i was drinking, i would refuse to pull down my jeans and man thong to sit and piss like that. I mean think about it, every fifteen minutes? C'mon.

Second, i noticed someone talking about protest, if this is the case then if i were a male i would take a schitt on every public toilet seat that i used and then just say that it was skid mark, and that is why men don't pee sitting down.

Speaking of which...

WVU fan drops a load in GT Band section

Once again women are !@#$ing this topic up. They B word because we never put the seat down, but do you ever hear us B word because they never put it back up?

Ladies, if you don't like us standing when we leak because it makes us seem more dominant, then do yourself a favor and learn how to pee standing up.

For the love of god, stop making your problems our problems. You're acting like Dolphin fans.

Once again women are !@#$ing this topic up. They B word because we never put the seat down, but do you ever hear us B word because they never put it back up?

Ladies, if you don't like us standing when we leak because it makes us seem more dominant, then do yourself a favor and learn how to pee standing up.

They may take our lives, but they'll never take....

OUR FREEDOM!!!!

So now they want to take away the one thing we have left that they can't do? :blink:

How is this an issue in public, i.e. men's room | women's room? Put toilets in the men's room and we'll still piss standing up. How is that more sanitary? At least w/ urinals, the duties of the chamberpots are kept relatively seperate (apart from the 'Who dookied in the urinal!?'). Also, this is an anotomical question --- sitting scrunches up the tubing, no? Any guy who actually does this should turn in his Man Card.

They should just be grateful we don't piss in the sink, like at the Ralph.

The only thing I give a :blink: to while in the restroom is guys who brace themselves with one hand placed high on the wall. What is that?

Although I know nothing about this particular legislation, I do know a lot about masculinity. Your post displays a massive amount of ignorance on your part.

If you develop an open mind, which would of course first involve developing a mind of any variety, please check back and I can fill you in.

Until then, stop commenting on this topic. In the long run you'll be ashamed of how dumb you look.

I remember reading a study somewhere (probably goverment funded,....) regarding the toilet seat issue. The conclusion was that, to minimize the amount of times both sexes need to "touch" the toilet seat the best policy was to leave the toilet seat in the position it was in when you used it. If you put it up, leave it up. If you put it down, leave it down. Seemed to make sense...

I remember reading a study somewhere (probably goverment funded,....) regarding the toilet seat issue. The conclusion was that, to minimize the amount of times both sexes need to "touch" the toilet seat the best policy was to leave the toilet seat in the position it was in when you used it. If you put it up, leave it up. If you put it down, leave it down. Seemed to make sense...

:blink:

Probably the guys above me in gov't...

Minimze touching for who?... In public, I am not touching the thing period... Up or down... I could care less about the next guy!

Now wait... Isn't what I said an excellent reason for KEEPING the urinals!

Case closed!