How bout this guy for to add some size to our WR corps?

Stl Bills

Dwayne Bowe

Possible 2nd or 3rd round pick? I'd take him.

I said it in a previous thread...he represents better value than taking a Jarret in the 1st round. He has comparable size, better character, he is a a senior and his numbers have improved each year. I like him, but something tells me he may not be there in the 2nd round when we pick.

Another guy I like is Dallas Baker, WR Florida.

Those LSU guys seem to be good picks. Everyone who comes out of there, in recent years, seems to translate well in the pros. After watching Bowe, I think he would be a good pick in the 3rd — even though he won't play ND's secondary every week.

Those LSU guys seem to be good picks. Everyone who comes out of there, in recent years, seems to translate well in the pros. After watching Bowe, I think he would be a good pick in the 3rd — even though he won't play ND's secondary every week.

After doing some more searching, he's generally regarded as the 3rd or 4th WR in this years class and might not even be there for our 2nd pick.

Wow. I guess two sport Jeff from ND has teams concerned. I would not take Bowe 12th overall. I would be willing to draft any of those RBs LSU has, esp. the power back who under the rader because of his injury history.

I said it in a previous thread...he represents better value than taking a Jarret in the 1st round. He has comparable size, better character, he is a a senior and his numbers have improved each year. I like him, but something tells me he may not be there in the 2nd round when we pick.

Another guy I like is Dallas Baker, WR Florida.

Bowe will be there in the fourth round. I promise.

I'll take that bet.

Internet dollars? How many?

Granted, the guy goes to LSU, and is playing in one of the most competitive conferences in college football. But, and there is always a but, his 40 time is a little on the slow side which means he is not going to be a big time receiver in the pro's. If anything, he would be a role player like you were proposing which no team is going to burn a first day pick on.

Also keep in mind that i am assuming you are judging this gentleman based on his performance in a recent bowl game or something along those lines. Performances in bowl games do not always translate into being a high draft pick. Also, there is plenty of time in between now and the draft, including one obstacle that someone like Bowe will struggle with...THE COMBINE. He won't have stellar numbers there which will result in the fall of his stock.

Bowe has also only been playing football since his junior year in high school, which if he is an underclassman, would mean that he only had four years of football experience. Not quite sure it's enough to warrant a first day pick from any team.

I think Bowe will be a first day pick. I also think that Bowe is faster than people think, and am anxious to see his forty time and the reaction it starts. A lot of people have concerns about him but personally, they are good concerns from me. They are all coachable things, Bowe hasnt played football long, and he lacks characteristics such as route running and separation. I think once he gets into a coach's hands in the NFL he will learn quickly and that will all disappear. So while he has obvious faults, they arent bad faults. I would love to grab Bowe in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.

Bowe is looking like a first round pick for sure right now. Kiper has him rated as his 13th best prospect (pre-underclassmen). This is a real good class of WRs and the Bills definitely need one. A lot can happen between now and draft day, but I severely doubt that Bowe will be available when the Bills 2nd round pick comes around.

Josh Reed came out of LSU :blink:

But as someone else said, he is looking like a first rounder right now. Its too early to project quite yet ...but I dont see him falling to us in the 2nd round at this point.