Art Shell Gone

Adam Schefter has to be gloating about breaking this story awhile back which the raiders pr machine promptly responded to call him a lying rumor monger.

I was thinking the same thing. Finally, something Schister is right about...

According to NFL.com, he's staying with the organization. I heard elsewhere that he's stepping-down, which would make Shefter wrong.

SportsCenter just used the verbiage "fired". Make no mistake about it. Shell was told to step down; in essence he was fired from the HC position. The Raiders can't come out and actually use the word "fired" when they were so quick with that silly press release after Schefter's report or else they'd look ridiculous.

I mean, more than they already do.

No matter what you think of the state of the Bills, even if you are in a Deluca induced state of depression...that team is a fuggin mess. The Cardinal job won't be the worst HC position available this off season. When was the last time you could say that? Al Davis may have been a genius back in the day, but now he's Howard Hughes without the finger nails. Dude is off his friggin rocker.

If it weren't for the ownership situation, the Raiders job wouldn't be that bad. They have a nice young defense in place headed by Rex Ryan. If they just devote an entire draft to the offensive line, it would go a long way towards making that team respectable. I wonder if they're going to give the job to Ryan or not.

That Raides team is a disaster! If anyone should have been fired it should have been the owner! Hes run his team into the ground! Before Art Shell the team was in dire needs for a HC, and thats who he hired was Art Shell......ouch! Not good at all.

That team has some talent too!

Moss, Porter, Jordan.....They are solid ball players when you can get them to play.

They just need the right coach in there. Honestly if Bill Cowher were to coach there, I bet they would turnaround in a heartbeat!