Steve Yzerman, with Wife and Children

millbank

Nice to see a athelete like him. Not smitten with himself. Not taken by his own greatness. Seems to be the norm for NHL players rather than the exception. Brenden Shanahan much the same. Great combination of charachter and athelete. What can you say about a guy who wins cups, personally engineers and inspires the sweeping changes to make the NHL better to watch. Then a few nights ago takes on Brashear toe to toe. Knows he's in trouble in that fight but still goes ahead with it. A real f'n man. And im not even a Red Wing or Ranger fan.

Dante, if you want the normal pro athlete persona you can look no further than Jeremy Roenick. A genuine Grade A **** in the chad johnson/terell owens mold. The only difference is that he's sucked for the past 6 or so years...

Never have to look far for those ones. Plenty of them to go around. Roenick is barely playing these days. I think up until the last Phoenix game, he was a healthy scratch for six games in a row.

Where would you guys rank Stevey Y in terms of top hockey players of all time?

Very good question.

I would not rank Stevie Y ahead of Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Richard or Howe...but he is definately somewhere with Messier, Dionne, etc.

Dante, if you want the normal pro athlete persona you can look no further than Jeremy Roenick. A genuine Grade A **** in the chad johnson/terell owens mold. The only difference is that he's sucked for the past 6 or so years...

Really? Has either CJ or TO ever been named "Humanitarian of the Year" by their team? Or had their own charity for a decade and a half, raising millions for children and the Special Olympics?

As far as sucking, Roenick led his team in scoring in 2001 and 2003, was second in 2002, and fifth in 2004 (second in goals scored).

I really wish people would stop talking out their ass because the guy made one fuggin' statement that was blown completely out of proportion by the idiots at ESPN.

Really? Has either CJ or TO ever been named "Humanitarian of the Year" by their team? Or had their own charity for a decade and a half, raising millions for children and the Special Olympics?

As far as sucking, Roenick led his team in scoring in 2001 and 2003, was second in 2002, and fifth in 2004 (second in goals scored).

I really wish people would stop talking out their ass because the guy made one fuggin' statement that was blown completely out of proportion by the idiots at ESPN.

Jeremy Roenick drinks babies blood :w00t: