It's time.

buckeyemike

Everybody here knows I'm picking the Buckeyes. But, I expect Florida to be well prepared and to make a game of it early. However, Ohio State will pull away in the second half.

The focus of the Gator defense will be on Troy, but the only thing he really needs to do is to get the ball away and not make mistakes. The Buckeyes just have too many weapons.

Barring an upset of Boise State-like proportions, Ohio State will be coronated Monday night with their second national crown in the past five seasons.

Ohio State 31, Florida 13.

The SEC is 5-3 in Bowl games, while the Big Ten is 3-4. In head-to-head, the Big Ten has definitely faired better, with Penn State knocking off Tennessee, and Wisconsin beating overrated Arkansas. Michigan was supremely disappointing, while LSU was impressive.

I think these teams might be more evenly matched then a lot of people give them credit for, but Ohio State's coaching and experience in BCS bowl games will win out.

Ohio State 30 Florida 24

I think it comes down to Florida's defense as to whether they can keep it close or not. That being said, I don't know much about Florida's defense. I have watched OSU a lot this year though, enough to know they are a damn good football team.

Therefore, my absolutely worthless prediction is Ohio State 34, Florida 28.

I think it comes down to Florida's defense as to whether they can keep it close or not. That being said, I don't know much about Florida's defense. I have watched OSU a lot this year though, enough to know they are a damn good football team.

Therefore, my absolutely worthless prediction is Ohio State 34, Florida 28.

Actually, as a FL fan, I'm more worried about their offense vs. the Ohio defense. The way to beat Ohio is through a strong running game, and the Urban Meyer offense revolves around draws, reverses, and to a lesser extent options. Those, along with the passing game, I think Ohio can handle. If Wynn can have a strong game (he is very up and down), FL will have a much better chance at an upset...or just keeping it close.

The Gators have a very strong defense led by a great defensive line and one of the better safeties in the country. What a lot of people don't realize is that FL had been really injury ridden the last few weeks of the season. In the championship game they were down to 3rd string Dlineman in two positions, they had a starting safety out, and a CB that was in and out of the lineup the whole game after pulling a hammy. On the other side of the ball Wynn and Harvin (two important pieces to the offense) were both playing hurt.

I don't have much faith in the offense being able to hand with Ohio. They just don't have the pieces in place yet and I think a bad running game will lead to airing it out which will result in turnovers. I think the Gator defense will do fine, but will tire out by the fourth quarter and Ohio will be able to pull away.

Score? I have no idea. Maybe Ohio by 13.

Buckeyes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::w00t:

Love seeing that team get sh-- on!!!!

GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classy :rolleyes:

Tough break, Bucks....welcome to the 41-14 club. :lol:

Though to me, the real loser is the BCS and NCAA scheduling system. If you want a true barometer of the quality of college football teams, you look at how they are all playing late in the season. Ohio State had their flaws, but they were playing more solid football than anyone in the country. Then comes a 60 day nap. Meanwhile, Florida plays TWO more games and gains momentum. This is obviously no one's fault (save the NCAA and Ohio State scheduling committees) and it does not take away from Florida's glory.

I just find it sad that the NCAA stubbornly clings to a system that not only doesn't always put the two best teams on the field, but potentially creates an uneven playing field. I mean, there is no way that this disaster of a game occurs if it was played two weeks after the Buckeyes beat Michigan. My two cents anyway...

But congratulations Florida. As much as I hate the Gators and Urban Meyer for dissing us, they certainly showed that they wanted this game more. Flawless gameplanning and near perfect execution. Plus Chris Leak managed to play like a champion in a big game the first time since...? :lol: Congratulations.

The outcome sucks but Florida dominated all over the field. They had a great game plan. Mixing up the plays and flipping the short passes to speedy receivers worked masterfully. That was Parcells football. Losing Tedd Ginn Jr. was a major loss. For those that don't know, Ginn has been making plays like his return since his first stepped on the field as a frosh. If he wasn't double teamed most every play, Ginn would have been a finalist for the Heisman. I hope he slips in the draft so the Bills can get him. It is common to hear during the season, that a one week layoff can hurt (and sometimes help) a team. Imagine what seven weeks can do? The layoff seemed to help the Gators but the Buckeyes were flat as a tortilla. And the play calling simply reeked.

Congratulations Gators!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.