Is this the "BIG" F.A. DT you're all looking for?

Dr. Trooth

He's a big un... from the 3rd ranked NFL defense (Raiders) and he was in on 41 tackles sharing time with Tommy Kelly.

"He" is Terdell Sands, 6'7" 335 lbs. 28 years old.

I've heard of him, but I don't recall ever having seen him play.

He's a big un... from the 3rd ranked NFL defense (Raiders) and he was in on 41 tackles sharing time with Tommy Kelly.

"He" is Terdell Sands, 6'7" 335 lbs. 28 years old.

I've heard of him, but I don't recall ever having seen him play.

As long as he fits the defencive scheme the Bills are going with, and Jauron and Fewell like him, Marv should be giving him a call come te start of FA

The braintrust would not have considered Sands a fit last offseason. I can see the results of this season changing their minds a little bit about small DTs but to all of a sudden go with a 340-lb guy in there? Very doubtful. Sands is likely to re-sign in Oakland anyway.

The braintrust would not have considered Sands a fit last offseason. I can see the results of this season changing their minds a little bit about small DTs but to all of a sudden go with a 340-lb guy in there? Very doubtful. Sands is likely to re-sign in Oakland anyway.

I read a report somewhere that Marv and Jauron were very unhappy with the ability to stop the run this season and may be re-evaluating their technique when it comes to playing the run.

:rolleyes:

He really came on strong this year, I would love to have him. Hopefully he wants to get out of Oakland.

Thats a good point. Oakland is in rough shape, that team is a disaster right now. I cant imagine he would want to be with a team thats on the down fall.....

I read a report somewhere that Marv and Jauron were very unhappy with the ability to stop the run this season and may be re-evaluating their technique when it comes to playing the run.

Gee ya think. If they are proud of that performance they need there collective heads examined.

He is my personal #1 defensive priority in free agency. Re-sign some of our own (Nate, Gandy), sign free agents Sands and Diehlman, than take LB (Willis or PP) in round 1 of the draft, BPA thereafter. I'll dance a jig if we can pull that off.

any reason in particular for thinking that or is it an opinion? just curious if you know something we all don't

Oakland doesn't have any priority free agents to re-sign. Sands probably qualifies as their #1 player to re-sign and they've already begun discussions. Sands has only really had one good year, which is this season under Ryan. The Raiders offense is horrible but their defense is young and good overall and bound to get better.

I would love him if he wasnt dumb ass rocks...having said that you dont have to be smart to take on two defenders...and at his size he should be able to do that....

I still think Robaire Smith is the favorite if we go DT in Free Agency.....

The guy is unstoppable in madden against the run. I've heard of him, lets sign him. I dont see why the "cover 2 " cant have one beast up the middle to push the pocket or blow up the run. :w00t:

Get a pair of big'uns in the middle, and we can call it the 'Buffalo Cover-2' rather than trying to run another team's scheme that's tailored to their personnel, their division and most of all (I think) their climate.

Teams won't be passing in Buffalo as much as they run, especially late in the season. Vive le difference.

I would love him if he wasnt dumb ass rocks...having said that you dont have to be smart to take on two defenders...and at his size he should be able to do that....

I still think Robaire Smith is the favorite if we go DT in Free Agency.....

I'm not sure why Smith's getting all this praise except for his size as the Titans rush defense was actually worse then ours this year. As it gave up 144.6 rushing yards per game compared to our 140.9. They also gave up 7 more rushing TDs then we did. Give me Ian Scott of the Bears instead as they gave up 99.9 rushing yards per game and only 7 TDs.

I'm not sure why Smith's getting all this praise except for his size as the Titans rush defense was actually worse then ours this year. As it gave up 144.6 rushing yards per game compared to our 140.9. They also gave up 7 more rushing TDs then we did. Give me Ian Scott of the Bears instead as they gave up 99.9 rushing yards per game and only 7 TDs.

I'm not that big on Robaire...but he fits this defense perfectly....a BIG DT that can rush the passer like a muther!@#$er....but can he play two gap also?? im not so sure...he does have the size for it though

the biggest improvement would be getting some LBs that make tackles within the same zip code of the line of scrimmage.

If Crowell does not come back healthy, they could need 3 new starters.