Isn't it great: most Bills fans would rather have JP than draft

bluv

name one big game Quinn has ever won...the guy is a product of CW's system, Quinn was awful before CW for there...he also cant throw a consistant tight spiral to save his life

Why do people continue with these stupid arguments. Newsflash, Cletus: INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS DON'T WIN IN TEAM SPORTS. Doug Flutie never won a game by himself, neither did Joe Montana, OR ANYONE ELSE.

Notre Dame is a very flawed football team from top to bottom. Quinn is not the problem, nor has he been at any time in the last two seasons.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i said this elsewhere but i'll say it again:

quinn will most likely be an excellent pro. the problem with notre dame was surely not him -- it's the inferior talent on defense and the offensive line. that'll change in the future, but quinn had to play with it. it's no surprise that quinn's ND team got blasted by OSU last year, a team that had 5 first rounders in this past draft and probably 3 or 4 more this year. ND had none last year. The same goes for LSU - they're loaded with Saban's recruits, and they have far better overall talent than ND. It always amazes that people blame the QB in these types of situations ...

I would think that if any coach has instant cred in the NFL coaches/GM circle in terms of cheeseburger opinion, it would be Charlie Weis. Between his gut and his ass, its hard to argue with that kind of success in terms of crushing burgers.

Nice retort.

name one big game Quinn has ever won...the guy is a product of CW's system, Quinn was awful before CW for there...he also cant throw a consistant tight spiral to save his life

???????????????????????

in his first 2 years he was 18 freaking and then 19 freaking years old! :w00t:

Why do people continue with these stupid arguments. Newsflash, Cletus: INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS DON'T WIN IN TEAM SPORTS. Doug Flutie never won a game by himself, neither did Joe Montana, OR ANYONE ELSE.

Notre Dame is a very flawed football team from top to bottom. Quinn is not the problem, nor has he been at any time in the last two seasons.

You beat me to it. :w00t:

Impossible to argue.

While there's no question his team, particularly the defense, has struggled against the top teams, Quinn has managed to play VERY poorly in ND's biggest games. This is a guy who set 38 Notre Dame records, and completed 64% of his passes, and threw 69 TD's and 14 INT's (a ratio of 5:1) in 2005 and 2006. Look at him in their biggest games this year.

47-21 loss to Michigan: 24-48, 234 yds, 3TD, 3INT

44-24 loss to USC: 22-45, 274 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT

41-14 loss to LSU: 15-35, 148 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT

There's no hiding the fact that the defense gave up monster points and yards. That's why they lost. But what happened to Quinn? Against Michigan's pourous pass defense, Troy Smith was 29-41, 316 yds, 4TD, 1INT; John David Booty was 27-45, 391 yds, 4TD, 0 INT.

No argument, all teams win and lose together. Doesn't it strike you as strange that Quinn, an all-time ND QB and record breaker, consistently played his worst games when he was needed most? The 4 and 5 TD games are great against Air Force and North Carolina; but how does a 64% passer suddenly drop below 50% whenever he plays a good team? How does a guy who throws 5 TD's for every pick suddenly start staring down the cornerbacks for multiple INT's?

I will bet anyone, any amount, right now, that it is impossible to tell whether Brady Quinn will be a star, a good player, an also ran, or a complete bust. Any takers? There is about a 25% chance for each of them.

How would you determine who wins that bet?

if you dont think Vince Young won games for Texas last year and Tennessee this year then you need to get a clue...did you even watch the National Championship game last year?

good QBs play their best in the big games and Quinn was never able to do that...make whatever excuse you want

???????????????????????

in his first 2 years he was 18 freaking and then 19 freaking years old! :w00t:

and whats your point...isnt every other college QB relatively the same age during their first two years of college???

thanks for chiming in with your incredible facts

I've noticed the same thing. Quinn can't seem to throw a tight spiral.

I will bet anyone, any amount, right now, that it is impossible to tell whether Brady Quinn will be a star, a good player, an also ran, or a complete bust. Any takers? There is about a 25% chance for each of them.

If Brady Quinn is drafted by the Raiders, he will be out of this league in 5 years.

I think Quinn will be the better QB when both careers end.

Gotta love the in depth break down of your opinion here. I mean its based completely in fact and measurable statistics.

I have to say that I thought Quinn was going to have a big year this year and he was less than impressive. He was inaccurate and didn't come up big against any big defenses this season, but only time will tell.

Losman has been in the NFL now for 3 years and has got a full season worth of starts and has proved that he can be a NFL caliber QB. This may not translate into a Superbowl win for the Bills under Losman. However, if Brady Quinn had to come in here and spend the next two years to learn the pro system to be a NFL caliber QB, there is still no guarantee that he will lead the Bills to the superbowl. I will take my chances with Losman by building the OL and DL next two years rather than waiting for a rookie QB to blossom.

If at all the Bills needed to take a QB and get rid of JP, they should have done it this season when the draft had some excellent prospects. The bills put faith in JP and did not do that and JP has rewarded their faith with good QB play after a slow start. I hope he can continue to blossom and take the Bills into the playoffs next year.

We better fix that OL this offseason. Next years schedule is brutal in that we are going to play the AFC East, AFC North and NFC East teams 14 out of the 16 games with Denver and Tenneessee being the other two teams. All those cold weather teams play physical and we need to kick start that running game and control the line of scrimmage to succeed. We need a solid OL to play those teams. I hope Marv will spend that 20M signing bonus on Steinbach rather than CLements to build that OL.

Gotta love the in depth break down of your opinion here. I mean its based completely in fact and measurable statistics.

I have to say that I thought Quinn was going to have a big year this year and he was less than impressive. He was inaccurate and didn't come up big against any big defenses this season, but only time will tell.

Very well said. He reminds me of Rick Mirer.

One could also say Peyton Manning has never won a big game in his career either yet is widley considered the best QB in the NFL right now.