So how was your Christmas and New Years?

Draconator

Hope it was good.

My long time girlfriend and I (6 1/2 years) separated.

Tough? Yes.

Better person for it? Both in my girlfriend and I, absolutely!!! Still early in the process, but so far, so good.

Is there hope to get back together? Very possibly, but a lot of things have to be sorted out in both of our lives before that can happen. Apart from that, we have been closer than we have in years. And our 4 year old daughter is adjusting very well!

I will ask for any prayers and support you may have to offer, but it's more for continued strength, than anything else.

Thanks gang!

Hope it was good.

Tough? Yes.

Better person for it? Both in my girlfriend and I, absolutely!!! Still early in the process, but so far, so good.

Is there hope to get back together? Very possibly, but a lot of things have to be sorted out in both of our lives before that can happen. Apart from that, we have been closer than we have in years. And our 4 year old daughter is adjusting very well!

I will ask for any prayers and support you may have to offer, but it's more for continued strength, than anything else.

Thanks gang!

well it sucks that you seperated, but as long as you can stay civil for your Daughter (the most important part) everything will work out hopefully for the better. 6 1/2 years is a long time, maybe some time apart will bring you back together?

As for me, mine was ok, it was the first time I had been in a relationship for the holidays so it was a little different. It wasn't fun having to shop for jewellery during the Holidays (she wanted "something shiney" and Bills Tittans tickets were glossy, not shiney :rolleyes::lol: )

the key is to do your damndest to remain at least civil, never ever ever ever get nasty in front of the daughter...it does get much easier...but do not put your hopes in getting back together...work on yourself and what you want, not what makes it easy or comfortable...if it is meant to work out...awesome...if not you will be facing a tough road....the good thing about this time of year is it is a symbolic mulligan...time to seriously re-evaluate where you are, where you have been and where you want to be...best of luck!

Hope it was good.

Tough? Yes.

Thanks gang!

My Christmas/New Year was kind of a mixed bag.

My longtime girlfriend (4 years) and I talked about getting married. We have some issues to deal with (space, or lack of, being one of them) but I am looking toward taking the plunge in the near future. Neither of us is getting younger (I am 42, my girlfriend is 47), and she is feeling the urge. If I don't marry her, I will lose her, and I don't want to.

The entire holiday was clouded by work issues. Before the holiday (we get the week between Christmas and New Years off), I came to the conclusion that I really want to find a new job. Not a big deal you might think, but job searching is maybe the one most stressful things for me. Going back to work this week was rough, knowig that I want to get out ASAP.

I promised myself I wouldn't be impulsive and just quit without another job lined up, but the last few days, it has been hard to resist the impulse.

I have done that a few times in the past, and kind of regretted it. I am the kind of person who just cannot handle being unemployed very long, and, as a result, have settled for jobs that might have not been the best for me. This was the case with my current job.

Silly as it sounds, the Bills losing to the Titans on Christmas Eve really bummed me out as well.

I just spent my first Christmas/New Year without a significant other. And you know what? I had a really nice time.

Watched the Titans game at my house with 14 other Bills fans - and sucessfully prepared Beef on Weck. Spent Christmas at my daughter's house so I didn't have all the stress of a house full of people. It was very nice.

Worked the 4 days between the weekends - almost everyone was gone so I got a lot of filing done. I strolled through the mall in the evenings, went to some movies with friends, went on a couple of dates. Cleaned all the leaves out of my pool. Watched the Ravens game at the Bills Bar. Babysat my two precious grandchildren on New years Eve. Vegged out all day New Years Day watching whatever I damn well wanted to on TV - awesome!

Now I'm starting back on my "good carbs only" diet. :rolleyes:

Hope it was good.

Tough? Yes.

Thanks gang!

Good luck with everything! I just broke up with my live-in girlfriend of just over a year and a half. No offspring however, but I partially feel your pain. Sometimes (like Poojer said) in order to better yourself, you need to get rid of the significant other in order to take a step back and re-evaluate yourself from a much more critical standpoint and ultimately, you'll find out what is most important to you.

• 1 month later...

Update:

We're getting along better now than we did in the 6 1/2 years together! Well, maybe not in the first year, but we are getting along so very well! We exchange Valentines Cards and presents!

Where I'm at right now, although I love her greatly, I'm not that interested in getting back with her, at least for the moment! I have so much to do on my own first!!! This long and winding road is a great road to be on!!!

Update:

We're getting along better now than we did in the 6 1/2 years together! Well, maybe not in the first year, but we are getting along so very well! We exchange Valentines Cards and presents!

Where I'm at right now, although I love her greatly, I'm not that interested in getting back with her, at least for the moment! I have so much to do on my own first!!! This long and winding road is a great road to be on!!!

Does this translate into "I'm still sleeping with her but now have freedom to chase other tail and have decided that's a really fun place to be so I'm going to do that for a while!" ?