Sabres vs. Senators

BB27

I did not see the game last night...but in the past...and a good friend pointed this out to me and I agree with him....the Sabres seem to struggle against teams who are good on the forecheck....is this the case with the Senators?

This season, I've found it to be just the opposite. Teams forechecked hard early on, and the Sabres won 10 straight out of the gate. Lots of breakout goals on odd-man rushes. Since then, opponents have played predominantly one guy up and four back. The Leafs have been one of the few teams who have sent two guys into the zone on the forecheck, and the Sabres defeated them 7-4 last time they played (although the final 2 were empties.)

It seems the more defenders hang back, protect against the rush, and force the Sabres to dump the puck in rather than skate it in, the more trouble it presents.

At the same time, it's hard to say it presents problems when the Sabres win 3 out of every 4 games.

I'll believe Ottawa can win a tough playoff series when they actually do it.

Montreal scares me more than Ottawa...

Although the Sabres have had more success against Montreal, I think they (Montreal) played the Sabres very tough, even when the Sabres were on their "A game".

In the losses to Ottawa, it seems to me the Sabres beat themselves as much as Ottawa beat them. Emery scares me more than the rest of the team.