ladell betts

I read this guy is going to be a free agent. He seems to fit the mold of Marv's young, hungry, ready to break out kind of signing. What about a duel tag and trade with nate c to washington? I know there was a promise not to tag NC by the bills.. but as they all say this is a "business".......Of course I would dump our current hollywood halfback before any of this to the highest bidder. peace.

You watch, Portis might be a surprise cut this offseason......injury prone!

He'd get traded before cut. I think he'd fetch a third at worst. But I certainly wouldn't want my team trading for him

I for one am not overly suprised ladell betts had a good year. Al Saunders offenses have done nothing but produce good rb numbers. That's not to take anything away from LJ or Priest holmes but even derrick blaylock produced well in limited opportunity before LJ took over. I also wouldnt be suprised if portis got cut. Betts fits the mold of the type of rb al saunders prefers as he's a better receiving back then portis is.

He resigned with Washington during the season....I live in the DC area, and this guy is a beast...much better than Portis imo

He's better than Portis in everything but speed- he just can't finish off his runs once he gets in the open field. He's a lesser version of Henry

Here's betting that Portis gets cut. He's too injury prone and has a high salary to be attractive to many teams. Also, Gibbs prefers bigger, power-type backs like Betts and Duckett. I will bet that once Duckett goes to camp and learns the schemes, he'll get substantial playing time next season. After all, the Redskins gave up two high picks for him.

God no. Tj Duckett is a one dimensional rb and probably slower then anthony thomas.

Yeah definetly not. Duckett is slow and never will be a #1. He's too slow and doesn't find the holes quick enough to be a solid RB and can't block good enough to be a good FB and he doesn't have good hands.

I'd prefer Anthony Thomas over Duckett any day also as my backup.