Day 1 Everything Changes

gmac17

Nope, you are the idiot. Obvioulsy you get your 'news' directly from Rush Limbo. Your slant on this issuse proves that. It's pretty laughable of you to imply that Spitzer is somehow anti-business.

Yup, I'm a talking Rush mouthpiece.

Hey genius, of course Spitzer loves big business, it's the best way for him to commit highway robbery in the name of "regulation"

Corruption in buisiness hurts everyone, including business in general. Transparancy, fair play, level playing field all encourage competition.
So if there is corruption in business, where are the court cases? Who's going to the gallows? Which individuals at AIG, HR Block, Marsh & McLennan have gotten an indictment? (Hint: press release does not equal indictment)

Aside from his major victories over organized crime,

which are....

he has also helped punish corporations for deliberatly misleading investors--you do agree having confidence in the system is important?-- and practices like late trading which enriched the few well connected at the expense of others.

Moron, late trading is !@#$ING LEGAL, as is market timing. It stretches the bounds of ethical conduct by some participants, but it is legal. Learn about an issue before spewing your ignorance.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know the exact numbers, no. You win some you lose some

yes, you win some you lose some but a prosecutor shouldn't call a press conference to talk about how horrible someone is, only to drop a charge down the road. He gets plenty of press when he takes people to task, but amazingly doesn't call press conferences when he drops things.

Don't know the exact numbers, no. You win some you lose some

Translation: I was regurgitating the party line (made more difficult by Spitzer's spitter being deep down the ol' gullet) and when I did a quick internet search I found out GG actually knows WTF he's talking about.

Hey jackass, your attitude and lack of attention to detail is the reason cases like the Duke Lacrosse one continues to happen. Stop worshipping these a-holes. They ain't worthy.

Yup, I'm a talking Rush mouthpiece.

Hey genius, of course Spitzer loves big business, it's the best way for him to commit highway robbery in the name of "regulation"

So if there is corruption in business, where are the court cases? Who's going to the gallows? Which individuals at AIG, HR Block, Marsh & McLennan have gotten an indictment? (Hint: press release does not equal indictment)

which are....

Moron, late trading is !@#$ING LEGAL, as is market timing. It stretches the bounds of ethical conduct by some participants, but it is legal. Learn about an issue before spewing your ignorance.

Spitzer didn't committ robbery, he issued fines. You got a problem with fines? You and Darin could start a new political party which preaches the virtues of a government that runs without revenue. Have fun!

Who went to jail? Damn few, but who writes the laws? On one hand you argue that no one went to jail, on the other hand you say the fines are theft. Nice to have it both ways.

Late trading is legal?

http://www.sec.gov/answers/latetrading.htm

Are you really this stupid?

yes, you win some you lose some but a prosecutor shouldn't call a press conference to talk about how horrible someone is, only to drop a charge down the road. He gets plenty of press when he takes people to task, but amazingly doesn't call press conferences when he drops things.

A politician grandstanding? No!

Translation: I was regurgitating the party line (made more difficult by Spitzer's spitter being deep down the ol' gullet) and when I did a quick internet search I found out GG actually knows WTF he's talking about.

Hey jackass, your attitude and lack of attention to detail is the reason cases like the Duke Lacrosse one continues to happen. Stop worshipping these a-holes. They ain't worthy.

Ya, it's my fault the Duke Lacrosse bull sh-- happened. A case I know absolutely nothing about, and one I care about even less. Maybe you should start a thread on it to discuss with the many people who worship you here

Rarely has such a short post told us so much about the poster:

Ya, it's my fault the Duke Lacrosse bull sh-- happened. A case I know absolutely nothing about, and one I care about even less.

Admitted ignorance.

Maybe you should start a thread on it to discuss with the many people who worship you here

Hypocritical irony.

If you actually KNEW what was going on in the Duke Lacrosse case, you'd UNDERSTAND that people like you got in a tizzy over something that had virtually NO factual knowledge of (instead believing everything they heard). That ended up costing the head coach his job, ruined the reputation of three kids and a prestigious university, caused racial tension, and got A POLITICIAL RE-ELECTED.

Admitted ignorance.

Hypocritical irony.

If you actually KNEW what was going on in the Duke Lacrosse case, you'd UNDERSTAND that people like you got in a tizzy over something that had virtually NO factual knowledge of (instead believing everything they heard). That ended up costing the head coach his job, ruined the reputation of three kids and a prestigious university, caused racial tension, and got A POLITICIAL RE-ELECTED.

Really? The lacrosse case ruined Duke's rep? You who are so quick to demand proof and statistics from those you disagree with -- you got any "facts" to back that statement up, besides some quote from sean hannity? Show me numbers. Or shut your hypocritical ass up.

you got any "facts" to back that statement up, besides some quote from sean hannity? Show me numbers

let me see here, for month after month one of the top stories across americas was about three kids who supposedly raped a girl - and the word Duke was associated with the story every single time.

Although I'm pretty sure "ruining of reputation" is not something that can be backed up with numbers (making your request incredibly stupid) you would have to be an utter ass to think that their reputation has not seriously suffered.

let me see here, for month after month one of the top stories across americas was about three kids who supposedly raped a girl - and the word Duke was associated with the story every single time.

Although I'm pretty sure "ruining of reputation" is not something that can be backed up with numbers (making your request incredibly stupid) you would have to be an utter ass to think that their reputation has not seriously suffered.

Really, you think kids aren't still beating down Duke's doors to get into one the best universities in the country? Oh, and by the way assh0le, you AD could easily back that statement up with numbers -> how about application #s to start with. Try again.

And sorry you don't judge an entire university by the (alleged) actions of 2 or 3 jocks on a marginal sport. Anyone who would isn't smart enough to get into Duke in the first place.

You and I may not - and I'll just go ahead and assume that you aren't a person of color thinking of sending your child to the university. If you think they aren't given pause, you're not thinking much at all.

Really? The lacrosse case ruined Duke's rep? You who are so quick to demand proof and statistics from those you disagree with -- you got any "facts" to back that statement up, besides some quote from sean hannity? Show me numbers. Or shut your hypocritical ass up.

I'll bet you your rent check that you've wasted more of your time tuned in to Hannity and Fox News than I have. But thanks for looping me in because I despise liberalism (one of the few things Sean Hannity and I have in common politically).

As far as backing it up, it's way to early to have any kind of numbers on such things anyway. The repercussions of this will be seen down the road and the likely result will be fewer qualified minority candidates applying. Talk to me in 3 years.

Admitted ignorance.

Hypocritical irony.

Wow! Sounds like a real soap opera!

Spitzer didn't committ robbery, he issued fines. You got a problem with fines? You and Darin could start a new political party which preaches the virtues of a government that runs without revenue. Have fun!

Yes, I have a big problem with government officials collecting fines without due process.

Who went to jail? Damn few, but who writes the laws? On one hand you argue that no one went to jail, on the other hand you say the fines are theft. Nice to have it both ways.
Lesson #1: Legislators write laws. Prosecutors are supposed to enforce laws, not create their own rules.

Late trading is legal?

http://www.sec.gov/answers/latetrading.htm

Are you really this stupid?

Yes, late trading is legal. Not all markets operate on NYC's time schedule. Thanks for linking to SEC's rules. Tell me when Spitzer was empowered to enforce federal statutes?

Yes, I have a big problem with government officials collecting fines without due process.

Lesson #1: Legislators write laws. Prosecutors are supposed to enforce laws, not create their own rules.

Yes, late trading is legal. Not all markets operate on NYC's time schedule. Thanks for linking to SEC's rules. Tell me when Spitzer was empowered to enforce federal statutes?

:pirate: Nice.

The government levied the fines after plea bargains were reached in which people pleaded guilty. Pretty straight forward really. You follow so far?

A lesson? How cute. Legislators write the laws? Or maybe lobbyists write them? I think the lobbyists want these laws inforced, but these super wealthy people see no need to send people of their own class to jail. That's the point I was making.

And then your point about late trading. Let's review. You said it was legal. I proved it wasn't. You thanked me as if I proved your point. You were wrong and I was right, ok? You tried getting around that with the inane argument that somehow a federal law wouldn't apply to Wall Street. Who do you think the fvcking SEC regulates? And FYI, Spitzer was working along with the SEC on some of the cases. Federal/State cooperation, ever hear of it? Another thing you should look up is a smashing court case named Marbury vs Madison, form John Marshall's day and age. It settled the issue of national supremecy long ago.