Day 1 Everything Changes

gmac17

How did I miss this???

1) Spitzers campaign manager gets a DUI on the Niagara section in late October (smashed into someone and rolled a few times)

2) His Dad goes to bail him out and gets arrested himself for DUI at the police station

3) It all becomes public in early november, and the Spitzer camp "docks his pay" and says he won't be a part of the transition team if they win.

4) They claim they weren't hiding / holding anything back and that the campaign manager didn't tell them about the accident for 2 weeks.

5) On November 10th - 3 days after the win and about a week after his pay was docked, the campaign manager gets a $150,000 bonus from Spitzer.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps a more seasoned politician would've spent that $150,000 on hookers. But Eliot has time to learn.

He practically does already on his spokesperson, Christine Anderson. She is a little blond hottie that follows Eliot around everywhere who makes Mrs. Spitzer extremely jealous.

As far as this news being supressed, I knew about it before the elections. When we approached him to talk to talk about it he flat out denied it. It is funny what kind of information is withdrawn or exposed to the media. If you look back at the AG race between Cuomo and Janine Pirro, how is it that sensitive information WRT Mrs. Pirro's personal life makes front page headlines just weeks before the elections? $$$ talks and BS walks.

Hey Bob - who is "we"?

so you asked him about it and they denied it, and then a few days later it comes out and they said he didn't tell them?

I work here in Manhattan for RNN-TV which is a political news station. "We", at that time, was myself (a cameraman) and our senior Manhattan reporter. We asked Spitzer about the reports of the DUI arrest directly and he denied them flat out. Ryan Toohey, Spitzer's campaign manager, was at the party for the Dems here in Manhattan at the Sheraton the night of the election and at that time, everyone knew about it. We asked Toohey (off the record) why he didn't say anything about the arrest for 2 weeks and he said that he told Spitzer when it happened but they agreed not to tell anyone about it because it could of had negative implications on the election. Spitzer also pulled some strings to make sure that his opponent, Faso, would never find out until it was too late.

I learned all this when it happened from a girl that I used to work with that now works for Spitzer. The things that I hear from her about NYS's Governor and the people that work for him make me blush.

I work here in Manhattan for RNN-TV which is a political news station. "We", at that time, was myself (a cameraman) and our senior Manhattan reporter. We asked Spitzer about the reports of the DUI arrest directly and he denied them flat out. Ryan Toohey, Spitzer's campaign manager, was at the party for the Dems here in Manhattan at the Sheraton the night of the election and at that time, everyone knew about it. We asked Toohey (off the record) why he didn't say anything about the arrest for 2 weeks and he said that he told Spitzer when it happened but they agreed not to tell anyone about it because it could of had negative implications on the election. Spitzer also pulled some strings to make sure that his opponent, Faso, would never find out until it was too late.

I learned all this when it happened from a girl that I used to work with that now works for Spitzer. The things that I hear from her about NYS's Governor and the people that work for him make me blush.

NO! Say it ain't so! Mister Integrity? A LIAR?

I for one am shocked and appalled.

Nice to see NOTHING changing in New York.

Save us, Eliot (from you). I'm sure he'll make sure the good people of the state are protected from these drunk drivers with the same zeal he goes after big business. :rolleyes:

He doesn't go after big business you idiot, he goes after criminals in big business. I see how you think, all illegals are killers, robbers and drug fiends, but if they wear a $1,000 suit then the have great moral values and never do anything wrong. You really are a warped individual

He doesn't go after big business you idiot, he goes after criminals in big business.

... and what was his conviction record of going after those criminals in big business, vs extorting $$ millions from big business?

Conviction records against people who can hire million dollar lawyers are not so great, but go ahead and tell us anyway

Theoretically, they would spend the money on lawyers if the cases actually make it to trial. Care to enlighten us on how successful Robin Hood of Albany has been in even getting to trial on all these high profile cases?

Theoretically, they would spend the money on lawyers if the cases actually make it to trial. Care to enlighten us on how successful Robin Hood of Albany has been in even getting to trial on all these high profile cases?

Why change the subject? He was still going after criminals. And for your information, you do not spend money on lawyers only if you are going to trail. They do other things to prevent prosecution. I take it you are defending Darin's argument that this guy was simply going after big business for the sake of going after them. Bootlickers generally take this point of view. Please tell us how he was simply picking on corporations

Please tell us how he was simply picking on corporations

Because an idiot like you is incapable of rational thought that doesn't come directly from the mouthpiece of moveon.org.

If his game wasn't high stakes extortion of major corporations, you would figure that he would be able to take at least a few of his high profile cases to trial. Instead, he focuses his "inquiries" on corporations and threatens indictments. I figure that you are clueless at the impact that a mere indictment does to a corporation, vs an individual. That's why to stave off indictment, Ellie can get his payola, while all those "criminals" get off scot-free because his cases are frivolous.

BTW, if millionnaires can buy their way out of jail, what are Rigases, Kozlowski, and Enron folk doing lately?

He doesn't go after big business you idiot, he goes after criminals in big business. I see how you think, all illegals are killers, robbers and drug fiends, but if they wear a $1,000 suit then the have great moral values and never do anything wrong. You really are a warped individual

Your "insults" are perhaps the greatest compliments I could possibly be paid - you know, by a dude who really should wear protective gear 24/7.

Yep, that's AD alright. :lol::w00t:

Because an idiot like you is incapable of rational thought that doesn't come directly from the mouthpiece of moveon.org.

If his game wasn't high stakes extortion of major corporations, you would figure that he would be able to take at least a few of his high profile cases to trial. Instead, he focuses his "inquiries" on corporations and threatens indictments. I figure that you are clueless at the impact that a mere indictment does to a corporation, vs an individual. That's why to stave off indictment, Ellie can get his payola, while all those "criminals" get off scot-free because his cases are frivolous.

BTW, if millionnaires can buy their way out of jail, what are Rigases, Kozlowski, and Enron folk doing lately?

Nope, you are the idiot. Obvioulsy you get your 'news' directly from Rush Limbo. Your slant on this issuse proves that. It's pretty laughable of you to imply that Spitzer is somehow anti-business. Corruption in buisiness hurts everyone, including business in general. Transparancy, fair play, level playing field all encourage competition. Aside from his major victories over organized crime, he has also helped punish corporations for deliberatly misleading investors--you do agree having confidence in the system is important?-- and practices like late trading which enriched the few well connected at the expense of others.

And BTW, OJ was innocent?