WallMart's plan to fix the Healthcare Crisis

Tux of Borg

Are YOU kidding me? Last time I checked, you were a liberal. You've always been a big government advocate. Now you're bitching because big government is biting you in the ass?

Seriously, are you kidding me?

I calssify myself as a liberal... It isn't the system... It is the way the system is carried out and how it deals with the destructive forces and differing ideology around it.

I am not bitching because big government is biting ME in the ass... I am bitching because big government is biting MY COMMUNITY in the ass... And cringe... x2 cringe... Not redistributing the wealth properly... I am far from being bit... Like I said, I gladly pay my taxes, more if levied... It is just the rest of the community can't keep pace.

I live in Steger, Illinois... Do the demographics... A large amount can't even pay their water bill every three months... Sure a lot are making bad choices healthwise and financially... It is a downward spiral... Some can't seem to grab themselves out of it... And a bloated payroll because they have to compete with the richer districts is a problem...

What do you think they should do? We are already running on bare bones...

Oh... Steger is a community with just around 10k people it is stradled between 2 counties (Will, where I live, and Cook... To the north)... Historically they have been vastly independent (water being one area)... Mainly white, working class... Grant wise I think things are changing some and some money is coming in... The community isn't beholden to much, we don't even recycle... It is very conservative and very much hurting... It is really the schools that are dragging them down as is most of the surrounding areas...

Not to derail this topic... It is a community that really needs some sort of education reform and HEALTH reform to ease the burden on its citizens.... They are just not making enough to pay enough...

Infrastructure is aging, taxes are low... They really can't get much lower...

It was a community started in 1896... By John Valentine Steger, who mass produced pianos affordable to masses...

There isn't much to be proud of in this "K-Mart" community... But, if Wal-Mart can help, more power to 'em...

I calssify myself as a liberal... It isn't the system... It is the way the system is carried out and how it deals with the destructive forces and differing ideology around it.

Way to lie to yourself.

I am not bitching because big government is biting ME in the ass... I am bitching because big government is biting MY COMMUNITY in the ass... And cringe... x2 cringe... Not redistributing the wealth properly... I am far from being bit... Like I said, I gladly pay my taxes, more if levied... It is just the rest of the community can't keep pace.

:D

I live in Steger, Illinois... Do the demographics... A large amount can't even pay their water bill every three months... Sure a lot are making bad choices healthwise and financially... It is a downward spiral... Some can't seem to grab themselves out of it... And a bloated payroll because they have to compete with the richer districts is a problem...

What do you think they should do? We are already running on bare bones...

Now you're seeing why liberalism doesn't work. Try and make the connections.

The answer? Good luck with finding that pearl at this point.

quote]

communism. no?

I'd say that insurance companies have just as much or more to do with it than the govt.

How do you think Aetna, Cigna, et al. afford their huge buildings in Hartford? And the $500,000 rare mohagony meeting-room desks (my uncle was one of the people who built them)?

That WalMart is offering more choices for people and more competition for Rx is only a good thing.

Another thing I've heard about is having practioners actually at pharmacies who can prescribe for low-level conditions, i.e. ear infections, poison ivy, etc. for a nominal fee rather than someone having to go to a $100 doctor's visit just so s/he can look at you for 2 minutes and give you an Rx in handwriting that no one can read. That makes SO much sense, it boggles the mind why no one has done it before. Could really help streamline things for a system that's just getting overburdened.

Although I know nothing about this particular initiative, I do know a lot about prescription information. Your post displays a massive amount of ignorance on your part.

If you develop an open mind, which would of course first involve developing a mind of any variety, please check back and I can fill you in.

Until then, stop commenting on this topic. In the long run you'll be ashamed of how dumb you look.

That WalMart is offering more choices for people and more competition for Rx is only a good thing.

Yep. Wally World doing this and driving down the cost of prescriptions is a good thing.

They're also using their buying power to get some free press and push CF bulbs. Nice to see capitalism working for the environment.

Although I know nothing about this particular initiative, I do know a lot about prescription information. Your post displays a massive amount of ignorance on your part.

If you develop an open mind, which would of course first involve developing a mind of any variety, please check back and I can fill you in.

Until then, stop commenting on this topic. In the long run you'll be ashamed of how dumb you look.

Oh look, I have my own little stalker.

Time for a new act?

that is great news.....if you can find a k-mart anymore!!! :rolleyes:

In Syracuse....

Erie Blvd East

Mattydale by Northern Lights

Liverpool on Rt 57

But everyone I go into I feel so dirty and white trashy. Walmart is actually a step up from KMart around here.

considering i am nearly 500 miles away from any of those..and my post was kind of tongue in cheek considering K-Mart's recent closing of a bunch of their stores, including ones close to me as well as a couple of others in the richmond area...i figured you would "get" the meaning of my post.... :rolleyes:

In Syracuse....

Erie Blvd East

Mattydale by Northern Lights

Liverpool on Rt 57

But everyone I go into I feel so dirty and white trashy. Walmart is actually a step up from KMart around here.

considering i am nearly 500 miles away from any of those..and my post was kind of tongue in cheek considering K-Mart's recent closing of a bunch of their stores, including ones close to me as well as a couple of others in the richmond area...i figured you would "get" the meaning of my post.... :rolleyes:

KMart was bought by Sears; I think it was last year. Unlike a omplete takeover, they've allowed the KMart brand name to stick rather than switch all of the signage to Sears. Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to consolidate, as they need to cut costs to pay for buying them, as that is how profit is made.