Go Boise State......

Lv-Bills

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was one of the best college football games ive ever watched

and more reason to keep the bowl system, imo

Yeah, could who would ever want to see Boise either A) Move on to play another big boy....or B.) Actually have a legit chance at a national championship?

:):doh:

Next week could be something like Boise vs. USC or something!

Yeah, could who would ever want to see Boise either A) Move on to play another big boy....or B.) Actually have a legit chance at a national championship?

i know youre being sarcastic, but thats sorta my point exactly

80% of kids who play football at the college level, never play it again. the bowl game is "their chamionship"

for the rest of their lives the players from boise st can tell the same story of "the glorious season they went 13-0 and won the fiesta bowl and SHOULDA had a shot at the title blah blah blah" until theyre telling it to their grandkids

much better than "my senior year we went into playoffs 13-0 and then, in the 2nd round, got killed by USC 43-0"

plus, with a playoff system, youd see all the good prospects going to maybe 4-6 schools. it would be like the NFL before the new free agency/cap rules. there would be zero parity. at least theres SOME now in college

Yeah, he's right...after George mason knocked off Michigan State I would have been happy if their season just ended there. I'm sure those kids are very upset they ended their season with a loss and will never be proud of the season.

80% of kids who play football at the college level, never play it again. the bowl game is "their chamionship"

for the rest of their lives the players from boise st can tell the same story of "the glorious season they went 13-0 and won the fiesta bowl and SHOULDA had a shot at the title blah blah blah" until theyre telling it to their grandkids

much better than "my senior year we went into playoffs 13-0 and then, in the 2nd round, got killed by USC 43-0"

plus, with a playoff system, youd see all the good prospects going to maybe 4-6 schools. it would be like the NFL before the new free agency/cap rules. there would be zero parity. at least theres SOME now in college

Or maybe they'd go all the way, and remember when they still beat OU and maybe USC, and then Took down Ohio State in the finals, and everyone would talk about it for sports eternity.

Give me a break. They are in the NCAA, 13-0 and should have some sort of realistic chance of winning the national title.

This world today of everyone having to be "winners" and receiving some sort of trophy is for losers.

im not trying to baby kids and make everyone winners.

but everyone needs something to play for. and while yes, every team goes out with the intention of winning the national chamionship, some teams -MOST TEAMS- wont even come close and it would be nice if their efforts were for something

Should be a 16 team playoff. The MAC, WAC, and the other two conferences should get their champions in. 12 at larges. We'd be moving on to round 2.

This should take place in December and wind up on New Years. It would be incredible. Incorporate the bowls. Then, in this case, the who cares bowl, would actually get 70,000 fans in the stands (instaed of about 20,000), because it would be a first round playoff game, instead of two 6-6 teams who shouldn't be in a bowl game in the first place.

8 teams would play their additonal bowl game. 8 addtional would play 2. 4 would play 3. And 2 would play 4. The college game would grow to unrivaled popularity.

If you must have some also ran bowls for the other teams that don't qualify, do it leading up to the first week of playoffs. Sort of like the NIT.

THis isn't hard. It's done in every other NCAA sport. It's also done in D-1AA, D-2, and D-3 football which is sanctioned by the NCAA.

As people recognize this bull sh-- we have now, they are going to face more and more pressure to get D-1 football fixed.

OH I get it. We don't get a playoff system for the sake of better stories for the grandchildren. It all makes sense now. Thanks NCAA for continuing to do the right thing. :)

If the NFL had the same rules as college football:

The season would end as it did yesterday.

San Diego would play Chicago in the Superbowl in March.

Baltimore would play New Orleans

Philly would play New England

Indianapolis would play Seattle

Dallas would play the Jets

Kansas City would play the Giants

There would be a whole mess of 9-7 teams and 8-8 teams playing each other on some neutral site.

And the season would end..... Thrilling.

If the NFL had the same rules as college football:

The season would end as it did yesterday.

San Diego would play Chicago in the Superbowl in March.

Baltimore would play New Orleans

Philly would play New England

Indianapolis would play Seattle

Dallas would play the Jets

Kansas City would play the Giants

There would be a whole mess of 9-7 teams and 8-8 teams playing each other on some neutral site.

And the season would end..... Thrilling.

Really poor comparison.

OH I get it. We don't get a playoff system for the sake of better stories for the grandchildren. It all makes sense now. Thanks NCAA for continuing to do the right thing. :)

Hey, what the... that bit of sarcasm fails because I like your point !

Unbelieveable game Boise !