OK, who are all the free agent guards..........

I believe Manuwie of the Faguars has re-upped, so besides Steinbach, who's left? Deilman, Gurode? Anyone worth a crap? I think Gurode can play both center and guard, so I like the possibilities he would bring. We gotta get tougher in the middle folks, who else could help us?????????

I forgot to add I think Leonard Davis would fit in awesome at GUARD, so I'll throw him in there too. I was him playing tackle that Arizona had a problem with him, and you don't draft a guard with the 2nd pick in the draft. Well, we didn't draft him so let's sign him to play guard and actually push people back, which a guard is supposed to be able to do, you got that Preston? Work hard and try and battle Fowler at center Duke, cause you stink at guard.

Thanks Jokeman. I guess in order my choices would be Steinbach, Davis, Deilman, Gurode, and maybe Dockery. I'd pass on the rest. I'd be very happy with one of the first 4, PLEASE GET IT DONE MARV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good thing of Manuwai signing the contract he did we might have an idea on the type of contract it might cost to lure someone to sign here. According to his NFLPA.org profile he's due to get the following base salaries:

2007 1400000.00

2008 1900000.00

2009 2900000.00

2010 2900000.00

2011 2900000.00

In comparison Villarial is set to earn:

2007 1450000.00

I really appreciate that info. I think we could definitely land Deilman or Gurode for sure with that type of cash. Gurode would give us great flexibility (C or G) so I'm kind leaning toward him. It will be a vicious bidding war for Steinbach and Davis which is why it's called a "dream offseason"!!!! :oops: What was the deal in Total yrs. and total cash( 5yrs/25M )???

I really appreciate that info. I think we could definitely land Deilman or Gurode for sure with that type of cash. Gurode would give us great flexibility (C or G) so I'm kind leaning toward him. It will be a vicious bidding war for Steinbach and Davis which is why it's called a "dream offseason"!!!! :oops: What was the deal in Total yrs. and total cash( 5yrs/25M )???

I haven't seen any thing that listed his signing bonus so unsure the whole terms of the contract would be. In terms of preference, my first choice be Deilman as think Steinbach be out of our price range and a guy like Holland be a good depth guy to add. I'd then draft someone in the first day of the draft. I'd love Justin Blalock but can't see passing on a guy like Dwayne Jarrett if he's there in the 1st. I could then hope a guy like Josh Beekman falls to Round 2.

Manuwai has stayed injury-free the last 3 years (16 starts in 16 games), and next year will be his 5th year at Guard.

Gurode had stayed injury-free once in his last 5 years (2006).

Kris Deilman isn't in Manuwai's class, IMHO.

Manuwai has stayed injury-free the last 3 years (16 starts in 16 games), and next year will be his 5th year at Guard.

Gurode had stayed injury-free once in his last 5 years (2006).

Kris Deilman isn't in Manuwai's class, IMHO.

Manuwai was at the top of my list before he was re-signed but now with the landscape lesser Deilman's arguably the 2nd best LG available behind Steinbach.

I forgot Gurode is injury prone, we already need to cut our own injury prone G Villarial. Deilman is definitely not top teir but way better than Preston. I hope if we really try and improve the line we just do whatever it takes to get Steinbach or Davis.