Losman was horrible today

BADOLBILZ

Overall, a very successful year for Losman. He played every game and was good far more often than not. He finished poorly the last two games, practically killing every drive single handedly today, but at least the Bills know what Losman must do to improve, specifically improve his throwing mechanics and footwork to improve his accuracy. He made enormous strides with regard to decision making, poise in the pocket and accuracy this year, but if he could put the ball in the receivers hands and put them in position to make plays after the catch more often, then he could be the kind of QB that can take you to the playoffs consistently. I'd like to see the team add a TE who can catch the ball with his hands to give the team a bigger target on third downs next season just in case, but overall pretty good job by the recieving corps this season as well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of that had to do with the fact that Willis couldn't get anything going on the ground? I wasn't able to see the game, I'm just looking over the stats. Looks like JP was our only source of offense?

How much of that had to do with the fact that Willis couldn't get anything going on the ground? I wasn't able to see the game, I'm just looking over the stats. Looks like JP was our only source of offense?

Yeah pretty much, you can't beat most teams, let alone teams like the Ravens if you can't make them respect your ground game. They knew what was coming so I don't really put too much blame on JP for the loss, although that pick 6 REALLY hurt, we had momentum and that could have been the game leading drive.

For the life of me I cannot understand how people cant piece it together.....or they can are just frustrated.....

- NO running game....and mean the coaches actually gave up on it

- Very good defensive oppoent with a top notch secondary......

- QB running for his life most of the game and only took 3 sacks......

When the other team has no respect for your running game the opposing corners sit on routes and hence....you get int's.....

How many different teams have had their running games stomped on recently by the Ravens? Haven't seen the stats have you? :wallbash:

Uh yeah, I know the Ravens are the best defense in the NFL and were at home. Willis did nothing and JP was relied-on to be the offense. Few QB's succeed under such circumstances, especially with an offense committing as many penalties as they did.

No running game! How come you criticize JP and not Willis?

The pass was open. JP threw at least a dozen passes to guys who were open that were well off target. Some were caught, some were just out of reach and some were way off, but if you want to beat a team that takes away your running game it's up to your QB to complete those passes. I'm a Losman fan, but he's been just a little off for much of the season, and on a day where he had to do a lot of throwing against a good defense, his lack of ideal accuracy was very evident. I think he'll get there. He came into the league with terrible mechanics and played his college career in the shotgun throwing against less than stellar competition he got away with a lot of things he can't do in the NFL. If he makes half the improvement next year that he made this year, he's going to be outstanding.

I'm a Losman fan, but he's been just a little off for much of the season, and on a day where he had to do a lot of throwing against a good defense, his lack of ideal accuracy was very evident. I think he'll get there. He came into the league with terrible mechanics and played his college career in the shotgun throwing against less than stellar competition he got away with a lot of things he can't do in the NFL. If he makes half the improvement next year that he made this year, he's going to be outstanding.

I'm glad I don't have to drive up there and kick your butt. :wallbash:

For the life of me I cannot understand how people cant piece it together.....or they can are just frustrated.....

- NO running game....and mean the coaches actually gave up on it

- Very good defensive oppoent with a top notch secondary......

- QB running for his life most of the game and only took 3 sacks......

When the other team has no respect for your running game the opposing corners sit on routes and hence....you get int's.....

Dude, he played poorly himself as well. He missed passes, he held the ball too long a few times.

Like I said in the game thread, Losman had a poor game but IT'S OKAY. Nobody's writing him off or anything. Stop being so sensitive.

Dude, he played poorly himself as well. He missed passes, he held the ball too long a few times.

Like I said in the game thread, Losman had a poor game but IT'S OKAY. Nobody's writing him off or anything. Stop being so sensitive.

Playing poorly is different then playing horrible as the title of this thread eludes. JP had his moments today but showed he's still inexperienced QB. He definately needs to improve but feel some help out there be it some more beef on the O-line, another starting caliber WR (as feel Peerless just a depth guy) and a 3rd down RB or pass catching FB would be welcome additions.

Yeah pretty much, you can't beat most teams, let alone teams like the Ravens if you can't make them respect your ground game.

Respect our running game?

That is about all the Ravens did. They stacked the line of scrimmage most of the game.

How many times do you see a defense play with only three defensive backs the amount of time the Ravens did?!?

Playing poorly is different then playing horrible as the title of this thread eludes. JP had his moments today but showed he's still inexperienced QB. He definately needs some help out there be it some more beef on the O-line, another starting caliber WR (as feel Peerless just a depth guy) and a 3rd down RB/find a receiving TE.

That's just splitting hairs. Horrible, poor, whatever. He was all over the place with accuracy. He took sacks that more seasoned QBs would've thrown away. But it's okay. He still had a good season.

The pass was open. JP threw at least a dozen passes to guys who were open that were well off target. Some were caught, some were just out of reach and some were way off, but if you want to beat a team that takes away your running game it's up to your QB to complete those passes. I'm a Losman fan, but he's been just a little off for much of the season, and on a day where he had to do a lot of throwing against a good defense, his lack of ideal accuracy was very evident. I think he'll get there. He came into the league with terrible mechanics and played his college career in the shotgun throwing against less than stellar competition he got away with a lot of things he can't do in the NFL. If he makes half the improvement next year that he made this year, he's going to be outstanding.

Good post- I appreciate your knowledege. Thanks! Cheers!

Losman did not have one of his better days. He makes some plays that leave you scratching your head.

Yet, having said that, I feel a lot better about him than I did last year at this time. He made some great throws this year and others that were . . . . He has shown enough improvement that there is still hope that he can be the QB we would like him to be. There are parts of his game that he really needs to work on. With any luck, by the time we upgrade the line (if that ever happens), he will be where we need him to be. In fact, a better line would really help him in any event. It should be a priority this off season.

Playing poorly is different then playing horrible as the title of this thread eludes. JP had his moments today but showed he's still inexperienced QB. He definately needs to improve but feel some help out there be it some more beef on the O-line, another starting caliber WR (as feel Peerless just a depth guy) and a 3rd down RB or pass catching FB would be welcome additions.

Better than half of his throws were bad. I call that horrible. Even Gannon noted that he was putting too much air under the deep ball and not putting the shorter routes on his receivers hands. Even some of the screen passes were thrown inaccurately from short distance. He missed Josh Reed altogether from about 20 feet away on a pass that would likely have been a third down conversion, he had Royal wide open and underthrew the ball, he threw some passes behind players who were wide open........if he just plays pitch and catch with those guys, they may very well have beaten the Ravens, who aren't much to look at offensively. In all fairness, he kept some of those plays alive with his feet, but he had more than his share of missed opportunities today and I'm sure he'd say so as well.