Just watched the Titans/Bills game on TIVO

1billsfan

I listened to this game's first and last quarters live on Sirius radio, but I just found the time and the stomach to watch the video tape this morning. Here's my thoughts..

Not once did I see Fletcher shed a block, not once.

Royals failure to tap his feet down cost us the game, but ya'll knew that already. He needs to correct that because he's a pretty good tight end.

The last one I was shocked that no on had brought it up this past week, sorry if it's been brought up before this post. McGahee wimped out on his last big running play. With about 2:09 seconds left in the game, Willis had a 19 yard gain that should have been a 30 yard gain. After taking the handoff, McGahee should have switched the ball to his opposite hand and stiff armed the 188 pound weakling Cortland Finnegan which would have no doubt produced an extra 10 yards easy. Instead, he ran out of bounds with no effort to gain extra yards. If Willis did this the Bills would have had the ball 1st and 10 on the Titans 30 yard line. This really ticked me off after watching it, and even more so now that him and his agent are bitching about getting a contract extension. Willis has some great talents but I'm just not seeing 100% effort from this guy game in and game out. I'm not saying he needs to go because of this play, just that he needs to toe the line of what's expected of him. What's expected is balls to the wall running like the guy he replaced and was outclassed by last week. Willis did learn to pick up the blitz, now he needs to learn to run over 188 yard defensive backs when the game is on the line. Not take it meakly out of bounds without a fight.

I watched it on NFL replay earlier in the week and caught these 2 gems:

1) On Young's first TD pass Kelsay was being held big time by 2 Tennessee players.

2) Just before the half Jim Leonhard was also being held on the long kick return that led up to Young's scramble for a TD.

If either of these two penalties had been called...

He wanted to get out of bounds so the Bills could get another play in before the 2 minute warning. He actually uses his head for once and people complain he has no balls?

But when he's running hard and playing through injuries, he's an idiot.

People are never satisfied.

He wanted to get out of bounds so the Bills could get another play in before the 2 minute warning. He actually uses his head for once and people complain he has no balls?

But when he's running hard and playing through injuries, he's an idiot.

People are never satisfied.

That's correct. I think we were out of timeouts by that point and the stop of the clock and ability to get another play in SHOULD have been more important than a possible extra few yards.

Anyone who thinks that Willis is not running hard this year does not know what they are watching. You have to remember that, first of all, he is fast than he looks like he is running. Remember, this guy is 6'1" and about 235lbs!!!! That is a BIG RB! So, his mose are not going to look as fast as they really are because of his size. But if you watch the runs where he does break free a little bit, HE DOES OUTRUN PEOPLE AND IS FASTER THAN MOST PLAYER ON THE FIELD. He pulls away from defenders, well, for the first 40-45 yards or so. Then for some reason, he does get slower because his running technique changes because he is out of gas or something. But no matter, he is FASTER than you think and while he is not the fastest player in the league, he is FAST ENOUGH.

Also, he has never been a back to want to chage hands with the football while running. Very rarely does he switch arms while running. So, asking him to do something that he VERY RARELY does anyway, is asking for more trouble than what it is worth. On that play, he was trying to get out of bounds to save time. Know the situation.

And finally, the man RUNS HARD. Look at the TD last week. He was stopped at the 1 and POWERED into the endzone running over a guy in the process. There is a reason that most of the time you see 2-3 guys tackling him. He is too big and strong for 1 guy to tackle him most of the time.

Look.....Willis may not be the best RB in the league, but he is VERY GOOD and could definately be a RB that can WIN you a Superbowl. It wold be a GREAT thing to have McGahee, Losman, and Evans as the cornerstone for this team for the next 7-10 years. With a little more help and on defense and the O-Line, this team will contend next year. But it is up to the organization to spend the money, overpay for a guy or 2 if necessary, and give this team a talent upgrade at a few positions. If it happens, I like this team's future.

Wow. Didn't know it was so taboo to actually criticize Willis "The Great" McGahee.

It's laughable that you guys are throwing around terms like "smart thing to do" and "know the situation", when the Bills had an eternity of time left with 2 minutes to go. Even without having any timeouts left. THEY ONLY NEEDED TO GET TO THE DAMN 20 YARD LINE!

So some of you rather have 1st and 10 at the 40, with an extra play before the 2 minute warning, that having the ball 1st and 10 at the 30 after the two minute warning? Use your heads guys.

Willis should have run right over that flea of a defensive back and gain as much yardage he can with the game on the line and the two minute warning to stop the clock. I sure hope that Jaroun is not on the same page as you guys and actually pointed out to Willis his mistake in running out of bounds there.

Royals failure to tap his feet down cost us the game, but ya'll knew that already. He needs to correct that because he's a pretty good tight end.
He's pretty good at !@#$ing up.

That abortion of a catch last week blew up our whole season. That may have been the worst attempt to catch a ball in the end zone in the NFL that I have ever seen. Six year old kids know that you have to get both feet down. Royal decided to jump out of bounds after one foot was down. The whole damn thing was inexplicable.

If he had made the catch, gotten both feet down, and then squatted down and taken a crap right there in the end zone, that would have made more sense than catching the ball and prancing out of bounds like the friggin' Peter Pan fairy.

If Willis was showing maximum effort every game he would be doing what he does against the Jets a lot more.

That's blasphemy, how dare you suggest he's not running hard! It just doesn't look like it. Lest anyone think Willis is not running hard all of the time, he is. What ever you do don't trust your eyes because it is an illusion.

:lol: