UFC 66 Results.....

NavyBillsFan

PRELIM FIGHT RESULTS

Fight #1:

-Christian Wellisch vs. Anthony Perosh

Round 1: Round opened with Perosh scoring with some leg kicks, and he got a takedown. Wellisch got back up and landed some punches. The round ended with Wellisch knocking Perosh down with a good knee, followed by a left-right with the hands and ground and pound follow-up. A Wellisch round.

Round 2: Good round. Perosh got a right early that knocked Wellisch down. He got top position and worked some ground and pound. He was out-positioning him on the ground and continually worked for a choke. Wellisch scrambled up at the mid-point of the round and got the better for the remainder of the round scoring with punches. It's a tough round to score, but seems like a Perosh round - making the fight up for grabs in the last round.

Round 3: Third round was a Wellisch round. He got the better of the round, mostly on the feet - opening a cut on Perosh's nose.

Christian Wellisch def. Anthony Perosh via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27) after 3 Rounds.

NOTES: There was a video displayed in front of the live audience that announced Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra, Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's name appeared, as well as the name Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic shown across a Croation flag. It's on tonight people.

Fight #2:

-Rory Singer vs. Yushin Okami

Round 1: Round one saw Okami land some high kicks, but not really hurting Singer with them. Singer was pushing forward but not doing much. Likely an Okami round.

Round 2: Round two saw Okami get an early takedown. Singer worked his guard and eventually scrambled to his feet. Okami got another takedown before the round ended, giving him this round also.

Round 3: Round three saw Okami again quickly get a takedown off a body lock. He gets the mount and pounds away at Singer with strikes from the top. Singer taps from strikes at the 4:03 mark, giving Okami the TKO victory.

Yushin Okami def. Rory Singer via TKO (strikes) at 4:03 of Round 3.

Fight #3:

-Gabrial Gonzaga vs. Carmelo Marrero

Round 1: Round opened with Gonzaga hurting Marrero with a punch on the feet. Gonzaga followed in with top position on the ground and eventually got mount. Gonzaga then secured the armbar for the submission victory at 3:22 of round one.

Gabriel Gonzaga def. Carmelo Marrero via Submission (armbar) at 3:22 of Round 1.

Fight #4:

-Thiago Alves vs. Tony DeSouza

Round 1: Round opened with DeSouza trying to get takedowns, but Alves avoiding them. Alves lands a huge punch that drops DeSouza. Alves followed in and pounded away to finish up the round. 10-8 for Alves.

Round 2: Round opens with DeSouza throwing wildly, but not landing much. Alves lands a perfect knee that drops DeSouza and ends the fight.

Thiago Alves def. Tony DeSouza via KO (knee) at 1:10 of Round 2.

LIVE PPV FIGHTS

Fight #5:

-Michael Bisping vs. Eric Schafer

Round 1: Awesome near-round of action to open the PPV. Close round, back and forth but finished by Bisping near the end. On the feet, Bisping hurt Schafer a few times with kicks and punches. Schafer got him down multiple times and even had near-submissions, but ultimately Bisping would scramble out and get it to the feet.

Michael Bisping def. Eric Schafer via TKO (strikes) at 4:24 of Round 1.

NOTES: They aired the video package mentioned earlier. UFC 67 will feature the UFC debuts of Quinton Jackson and Mirko CroCop, in addition to the two title fights - Georges St. Pierre defending against TUF 4 winner Matt Serra, and Anderson Silva defending against the other TUF 4 winner Travis Lutter.

Fight #6:

-Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcio Cruz

Round 1: Pretty good fight, also didn't get past the first five. Arlovski was getting him early on the feet, but Cruz got him down. They got back up, but Cruz had a leg. He worked for at least a minute, maybe two - on getting the takedown. Eventually the fight goes to the floor with Cruz pulling back for a leg submission. Arlovski hit Cruz with a kick to the face, which caused Herb Dean to stop the action for a warning. As soon as he resumed it, Arvloski got him with a huge punch and got a better position. He pounded away and the referee had no choice but to stop it.

Andrei Arlovski def. Marcio Cruz via KO (punches) at 3:15 of Round 1.

Fight #7:

-Chris Leben vs. Jason MacDonald

Round 1: Good round with it almost all standing. A few times they were on the ground, with Leben on top and he would quickly get out and back to his feet. On the feet it was Leben doing better with strikes, but MacDonald pressing him up against the cage, usually with double underhooks, failing at takedowns but controlling him. Probably a Leben round.

Round 2: Another good round. Leben was doing slightly better on the feet, but MacDonald was landing knees to the body and punches also. He kept wrestling him up against the fence with underhooks, eventually got a takedown. After a lot of moving around, MacDonald locks in a guillotine that puts Leben completely to sleep. He didn't tap, but MacDonald gets the win via submission.

Jason MacDonald def. Chris Leben via Submission (guillotine) at 4:03 of Round 2.

NOTES: In between rounds, they announced UFC 67 would have Mirko CroCop vs. Eddie Sanchez and Quinton Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman, in addition to the two title matches of Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra and Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter.

Fight #8:

-Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine

Round 1: Round one saw Forrest doing better the first minute, all on the feet. The second minute, Jardine was doing better. Forrest did more leg kicks early, Jardine did more late. With the hands, Griffin seemed technically better but Jardine was throwing harder. Eventually, Jardine rocked Griffin with punches, and on the ground pounded away until Forrest was out.

Keith Jardine def. Forrest Griffin via TKO (strikes) at 4:41 of Round 1.

Fight #9:

-Chuck Liddell © vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC LHW Title)

Round 1: Ortiz was winning as the round was wrapping up, but Liddell knocked Ortiz down badly with a punch and came so close to finishing him with unanswered ground and pound. Yamasaki gave Ortiz a chance and he got back up. He's cut bad though, and got rocked again by an uppercut from Liddell.

Round 2: Another good round. Ortiz is throwing a lot of body/leg kicks and overhand rights. He failed on some shots, but did get behind Liddell on one and suplex him down. They scrambled back up pretty quickly though. I give this round to Ortiz, but it could go to Liddell.

Round 3: Here's our finish, and it's who you'd expect. The round was leaning towards Ortiz slightly until Liddell caught him and finished with strikes. Ortiz was only covering up, not taking many clean shots, but as soon as the referee jumped in - Ortiz had just finally tried moving his hips and changing position. Not really controversial, but some might have a beef.

Chuck Liddell def. Tito Ortiz via TKO (strikes) at 3:59 of Round 3.

My boy Forest got his ass kicked tonight. It's ok, he'll be back.

Liddell vs. Ortiz was a classic. Ortiz lost because he tried to go punch for punch with Liddell. He needed to get Liddell on the ground and try to work him from there. There is no doubt we will see a Liddell vs Ortiz 3.

Round 3: Here's our finish, and it's who you'd expect. The round was leaning towards Ortiz slightly until Liddell caught him and finished with strikes. Ortiz was only covering up, not taking many clean shots, but as soon as the referee jumped in - Ortiz had just finally tried moving his hips and changing position. Not really controversial, but some might have a beef.

Chuck Liddell def. Tito Ortiz via TKO (strikes) at 3:59 of Round 3.

I wouldn't say I have a beef with the ending, but I really didn't understand it. The way the fight was going, especially at that point, I think Liddell would have won anyway, but Ortiz took it worse in the first round and they let it go. Just didn't make any sense to stop the fight at that point IMO. Hell, maybe another 5 seconds would have done it...but who knows.

Lidell is a badass! He keeps his left way down(I boxed and was taught never to let your hand down)- and he kind of lulls you in. Man that left is nasty and comes at you from strange angles. He is quicker then he looks and he is nasty. Lidell is legit. So is BJ Penn-cant wait to see him fight again

My boy Forest got his ass kicked tonight. It's ok, he'll be back.

Liddell vs. Ortiz was a classic. Ortiz lost because he tried to go punch for punch with Liddell. He needed to get Liddell on the ground and try to work him from there. There is no doubt we will see a Liddell vs Ortiz 3.

Ortiz tried to take him down several times and even when Ortiz had Liddell in a takedown, Liddell got up like Ortiz was his backpack.

I also just reviewed a bunch of CroCop fights. (YouTube.com is the best thing ever!) He is great - but he is very vulnerable to a great wrestler/jui jitsu guy who can also strike. I think CroCop can beat Silvia because he is a better striker (as good as silvia is).

But, I think that Brandon Vera could present a huge problem for CroCop. That would be a great fight.

Yup, once he wipes those tears from his eyes and finishes his temper tantrum he'll be back.

The problem with Forrest is that he is a very messy fighter so he is open for knockouts and submissions. But he may be the toughest SOB in the UFC. The guy wins with grit. Has he ever won by KO or submission?

The problem with Forrest is that he is a very messy fighter so he is open for knockouts and submissions. But he may be the toughest SOB in the UFC. The guy wins with grit. Has he ever won by KO or submission?

Meh,

I don't follow UFC much, but I did watch this PPV because I had nothing better to do and found a Bar that had it on. I did find it funny after the Griffin fight how he was trying to hide is face with his hat and didn't want to talk to Joe Rogan (who can blame him) after his fight while he was crying and being a sore loser