PFW Whispers from Around the NFL

MattF2000

• We hear that the success in recent weeks of the Bills' revamped offensive line may answer two questions heading into the offseason. First, we hear that ex-OLT Mike Gandy's strong play at left guard likely means he will be re-signed in order to keep the line intact. Second, we hear that the Bills may not feel as much pressure to make the O-line a top draft priority anymore.

• We hear that Bills owner Ralph Wilson has been thrilled with the coaching job turned in by Dick Jauron, going so far as to call Jauron "the second-best coach in franchise history," behind Marv Levy, and ahead of notable coaches like Lou Saban and Chuck Knox.

• With roughly $40 million under the salary cap at their disposal this offseason, it's no surprise that the Niners have their sights set on more than a few potential free agents, although we hear they still plan on being very careful working this year's market. Two names that continue to be frequently mentioned on the Niners' rumor mill are Ravens SLB Adalius Thomas and Bills CB Nate Clements.

Not sure if anyone posted this already.. if they did i apologize

• We hear that Bills owner Ralph Wilson has been thrilled with the coaching job turned in by Dick Jauron, going so far as to call Jauron "the second-best coach in franchise history," behind Marv Levy, and ahead of notable coaches like Lou Saban and Chuck Knox.

"We hear?!?" That quote has been around for a week. Sheesh. That site is so weak.

wow 40 million under the cap..........Buffalo has the potential to do some damage on the FA market.....and enough to retain Nate & Fletcher, NO?

I will be the first to admit im not great at the #'s thing!

"Buffalo HAS the potential..." with HAS being the key word. Doesn't mean sh-- if Ralph doesn't want to lay out the cash.

"Buffalo HAS the potential..." with HAS being the key word. Doesn't mean sh-- if Ralph doesn't want to lay out the cash.

Yeah I agree man! If this money is there I say use it. With a few KEY additions for the right price this team can compete!

But I agree, keeping the wallet in the pocket wont help the Bills.