Assuming we don't ante up to Clements...

If the Bills let both Clements and Fletcher walk, I really don't see how they can expect fans to shell out money to see an 8th straight season of non-playoff football. Get creative with their contracts. Show the players and fans that you are committed to winning. How do you sell that the team improved last year and then let one of the best young CB's in the League and the heart and soul of your defense walk?

I think this is where top personnel guys like Cowher and Belichick differentiate...They never overpay their players....They know what each player means to their team and vice versa..They even can get their best player to take a lot less to be with the team....Hines Ward, Bruschi, etc took less to be with the team and players like Givens, Branch have left the team for bigger payouts, but have been less stellar....

I hope the Bills find the right balance and get the right people signed.

What's this board's love affair with Youbooty? The guy has done nothing and is much closer to a bust than even a mediocre starter

I'm sorry, I must have missed this love affair you speak so passionately about. I personally haven't seen much discussed about the guy but I also haven't been around here much all week either. The second part of your statement makes no sense to me. You do realize that Nate Clements and Terence McGee were still on this team in 2006, right? You also realize that Youboty lost his Mother at the begining of the season which greatly reduced his participation with the team. So a rookie cornerback has two solid starters and weeks lost to a family tragedy and since he isn't a rookie of the year candidate he's being equated with being a possible bust? Get real or go home, Youboty's as much an unknown as Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner were the day after they were drafted.

As for your buddy Nate, he looks as if he's playing for a paycheck. Where was this guy the last year and a half?