Assuming we don't ante up to Clements...

And the god load of money he is gona be looking for...how do you expect the FO address replacing him. There is really no one on the team right now that has ever shown potential to be close to as lock down as he is.

How deep is the FA pool on CB's this off-season? Or look to draft a CB in the higher rounds of the draft?

And the god load of money he is gona be looking for...how do you expect the FO address replacing him. There is really no one on the team right now that has ever shown potential to be close to as lock down as he is.

How deep is the FA pool on CB's this off-season? Or look to draft a CB in the higher rounds of the draft?

His replacement is already on the team, who was taken in the higher rounds of last years draft and goes by the name of Ashton Youboty.

His replacement is already on the team, who was taken in the higher rounds of last years draft and goes by the name of Ashton Youboty.

LOL, what makes you think Youboty can replace Nate? Tell me what he has done this year to prove it....

Andree Johnson & Marvin Harrison would have taken Youboty to school if he was to cover them! Thats not an asumption, thats the facts.

Dont get me wrong, im NOT saying Youboty is a bad player at all.....

I just saying there is noway we have seen enough of him to think he can replace Nate.

Terrence McGee cant even replace Nate and hes the 2nd best corner on our team.

LOL, what makes you think Youboty can replace Nate? Tell me what he has done this year to prove it....

Andree Johnson & Marvin Harrison would have taken Youboty to school if he was to cover them! Thats not an asumption, thats the facts.

okay, since he covered them this year... not

p.s. it's assumption. and you're not stating facts, you're speculating.

Dont get me wrong, im NOT saying Youboty is a bad player at all.....

I just saying there is noway we have seen enough of him to think he can replace Nate.

Terrence McGee cant even replace Nate and hes the 2nd best corner on our team.

I never said he was as good as Nate, I just stated he will be the replacement for him. Neither you or I know what kind of player Youboty will end up being, but from what I've read about him in last years draft profiles is seems like theres a very good chance of him becoming a good player once he gets his chance. Simpson replaced Vincent, Whitner replaced Milloy and Youboty will be replacing Clements if a deal can't be reached. It's the NFL's version of the circle of life. Nate's a very good player but he's not worth the money he'll no doubt be asking for. If Youboty proves not to be what the Bills need then they will be drafting a CB in the first round of '08. The Bills can gamble here because this team will not have a realistic shot at the Superbowl in '07 with or without Nate. I also think the Bills will hedge their bets and pickup a veteran CB in free agency so that there will be some competition for that job. Clements will end up going to the Houston Texans because I heard that's where his wife and family want to live, that's just my gut feeling.

I would like to re-sign Nate because McGee had a terrible season this year and I would not want to go into the season next year with Youboty, McGee, Thomas, Greer, and whatever FA or draft pick we get to be our starting secondary. Maybe McGee had a tough time adjusting to the new Defense Fewell installed, or maybe he was exposed as just a decent CB, but I have no faith in him taking over as the #1 and would not have any faith in Youboty taking over the #1 either.

People are talking about Asanti Samuels, but lets face it, he is 2nd in the league in INTs which just increased his value 2-fold.

First and foremost, i'd try and keep Nate. But while Nate is on the market and i'd also negotiate Asante Samuel. I feel that they are both pretty even with Samuel probably having more upside. Whomever comes cheapest would be the guy i'd sign.

My darkhorse however is Nick Harper from Indianapolis. He'll be going into his 7th season next year and is a fairly decent starting CB. He might not be the same calibur as Nate or Asante, but he's the next best thing to put beside McGee while not forcing Youboty into the fire.

What's this board's love affair with Youbooty? The guy has done nothing and is much closer to a bust than even a mediocre starter

First and foremost, i'd try and keep Nate. But while Nate is on the market and i'd also negotiate Asante Samuel. I feel that they are both pretty even with Samuel probably having more upside. Whomever comes cheapest would be the guy i'd sign.

My darkhorse however is Nick Harper from Indianapolis. He'll be going into his 7th season next year and is a fairly decent starting CB. He might not be the same calibur as Nate or Asante, but he's the next best thing to put beside McGee while not forcing Youboty into the fire.

That is what I think is wrong with this franchise: our reluctance to offer contracts to players that we drafted. We did extend Schoebel and McGee, but other than that, who have we kept? We let go of Pat WIlliams, Antoine Winfield...we'll probably let go of McGahee.

If I had the choice between signing Nate or Samuel, I would sign Nate because of his affiliation with the Bills organization even if it cost more than signing Samuel.

McGee's a bust because he's just not getting the KR TDs, Clements is a bust he only has 2 INTs, Whitner's a bust we took him 8th overall he should be playing like Ed Reed, Ko Simpson? Total bust did you see that tackle that he missed on LT? Brutal! Losman is a bust for sure, he's from California, can't you see the Rob Johnson in him? McGahee is a bust, we should have taken Larry Johnson instead, any idiot could figure that out. Schobel is a bust, he just gets "garbage" sacks. and the biggest bust of all is Takeo Spikes because he's not what he used to be after the injury.

*sarcasm off

wow people throw the word bust around a lot these days. I think I've heard atleast someone say that every player on the Bills is a bust!

First time I use the "B" word in a post, and I stand by it. Remember this post when he is cut in 2 years.

That is what I think is wrong with this franchise: our reluctance to offer contracts to players that we drafted. We did extend Schoebel and McGee, but other than that, who have we kept? We let go of Pat WIlliams, Antoine Winfield...we'll probably let go of McGahee.

I've taken that into consideration. But Samuel is 2nd in the NFL in INT's and every season he keeps getting better. In my opinion, Samuel has upside while Clements has peaked. But since Nate is a staple of this team and has experience playing here, I put him on an equal field with Asante instead of being option #2.

I've taken that into consideration. But Samuel is 2nd in the NFL in INT's and every season he keeps getting better. In my opinion, Samuel has upside while Clements has peaked. But since Nate is a staple of this team and has experience playing here, I put him on an equal field with Asante instead of being option #2.

Maybe Samuel's performance is a bi-product for playing on a team that is coached by "the genius". Do you think he could perform at that level if he came over to the Bills and adjusting to a new system?

Here are Asante's stats over 4 seasons in the league:

Asante

Here are Nate's:

Nate

I think that Nate has been more consistent, is a better tackler, and has a nose for the endzone. Since the bye week, Nate has also been one of the best players on our Defense and I think he has earned the right to have a large contract thrown his way by the organization that drafted him.

First time I use the "B" word in a post, and I stand by it. Remember this post when he is cut in 2 years.

I don't think anyone will remember this post because you based your "bust" assumption on absolutely zero information we have on the guy. And he came out as a junior to boot.

If I had the choice between signing Nate or Samuel, I would sign Nate because of his affiliation with the Bills organization even if it cost more than signing Samuel.

We did extend Peters and also re-signed Reed and Denney last year.....But I agree with the gist...Sometimes you have to re-sign your top players too....

We did extend Peters and also re-signed Reed and Denney last year.....But I agree with the gist...Sometimes you have to re-sign your top players too....

You are correct and I feel that Reed, Peters, Denney have all responded by stepping up their level of play and have been responsible for the teams turnaround this year.

If the Bills let both Clements and Fletcher walk, I really don't see how they can expect fans to shell out money to see an 8th straight season of non-playoff football. Get creative with their contracts. Show the players and fans that you are committed to winning. How do you sell that the team improved last year and then let one of the best young CB's in the League and the heart and soul of your defense walk?