Not a bad year for Julian Peterson

Mikie2times

Set a career high in sacks with one game to play. Above average year in tackles, passes defended. Year two off an Achilles tendon tear. Why are so many people looking to get rid of TKO? Peterson was 28 this year; Spikes will be 31 in the second year of his recovery. Does the body's ability to recover wilt at the age of 30? TKO is the gold standard of who we want on this football team. If we let him go now we might as well have let him go when he tore it last year. No LB is going to return to form the first year from an Achilles.

I don't think you should be quick to get rid of Spikes. I think you keep him even if he is not good enough to start. He would provide great depth and I agree that another year into his recovery is key. He does not break the bank on the cap and that is enough to keep him. He has not played back up to his prior level but I never thought he would this year. If he appears slow next year then that will be it for him. But now, I agree with you. Look for him to get better. Has he ever played MLB if Fletcher goes????

Set a career high in sacks with one game to play. Above average year in tackles, passes defended. Year two off an Achilles tendon tear. Why are so many people looking to get rid of TKO? Peterson was 28 this year; Spikes will be 31 in the second year of his recovery. Does the body's ability to recover wilt at the age of 30? TKO is the gold standard of who we want on this football team. If we let him go now we might as well have let him go when he tore it last year. No LB is going to return to form the first year from an Achilles.

I wouldn't get rid of him, but I'd start the season moving him inside.

I agree, with the exception of Travis Henry running all over him, he got a lot better his last 3 or 4 games. I hope he can fully recover, his attitude is everything this team needs.

Most posters are lacking the patience necessary to allow themselves to agree with your rational thinking here. Also, most deem themselves Gm's and believe that making moves like a fantasy football manager is a good thing in real football :thumbsup:

The guy needs a whole healthy off season to train properly and really get rid of the muscle atrophy in his leg. The hard part is over with, he is now able to trust the achilles and really focus on building the muscles around it. My god have any of you really ever had a bad sports injury? The achilles is probably one of the worst injuries to rehab and come back from. Give the guy sometime to get back to form. If he cant do it next year we have capable depth to step in and do the job. Be patient. :thumbsup:

The guy needs a whole healthy off season to train properly and really get rid of the muscle atrophy in his leg. The hard part is over with, he is now able to trust the achilles and really focus on building the muscles around it. My god have any of you really ever had a bad sports injury? The achilles is probably one of the worst injuries to rehab and come back from. Give the guy sometime to get back to form. If he cant do it next year we have capable depth to step in and do the job. Be patient. :thumbsup:

Well said. Besides, he had a a hammy and other minor injuries which impeded his progress. Where's the freakin' loyalty? He deserves another season!