Head Coach Moves

JoeF

KOK what was the whole story with firing Rosinski from the radio play by play role--he is really good. I have listened to him some this year on the Westwood One NFL Game of the week with Dan Reeves--really excellent stuff.

Rosinski's contract was not renewed after he publicly stated his disappointment with not getting a NFC Championship ring. Other teams have given their broadcasters rings and he thought it was only right. Jerry Richardson gave him the boot, since he didn't play the good soldier and keep his mouth shut.

My brother who lives in Pittsburgh was down over the Holiday, and said rumor around there is Cowher has bought a house in Charlotte, and will move there after the season, waiting for the Panthers HC job.

Cowher's house is in Raleigh...same rumor about him and the NC State job (His alma mater) when it opened...

http://www.newsobserver.com/122/story/412472.html

My brother who lives in Pittsburgh was down over the Holiday, and said rumor around there is Cowher has bought a house in Charlotte, and will move there after the season, waiting for the Panthers HC job.

I live in Pittsburgh and it is not a rumor, but is a fact that he has two homes in the NC area (one is on a resort island). His wife and youngest daughter have already moved there at the beginning of this season. Two of his older daughters are at Princeton and playing on basketball scholarship.

It has been pretty public locally here that since Cowher won the superbowl he wants a $7-8M per year contract extension which the Rooneys are not willing to provide. Cowher knows that only the big teams like Dallas, New York and Washington will be able to provide that kind of money for coaches.

My bet is, he takes next year off and then goes to one of those teams a year later to the highest bidder.

Rosinski's contract was not renewed after he publicly stated his disappointment with not getting a NFC Championship ring. Other teams have given their broadcasters rings and he thought it was only right. Jerry Richardson gave him the boot, since he didn't play the good soldier and keep his mouth shut.

Wow...without passing judgement on Bill going public (not sure how I feel about that) -- doesn't reflect well on Richardson --Bill was their founding play by play guy right?

Good calls Lori---I think Saban goes to Bama and Mularkey becomes head coach--this is the dream of an overwrought Bills fan -_-

Fish get sold. Saban goes to Bama. Mularkey named new Dolphin HC.

It's so moronic, you can almost bank on it.

From your keyboards to God's ear... <_<

As for Morninwheg: you mean Marty Meltdown? If I'm a GM, I don't hire him for a head-coaching job without a psych evaluation. Oh, and one for him, too...