Lost Luggage

/dev/null

And they wonder why people try to carry so much onto the plane - it's because anything of value that is out of your sight gets ripped off by the thugs handling baggage and the airlines don't care to do a damn thing about it - absolutely shameful that they know how much stuff gets stolen by employees and they do nothing (they don't even notify the police).

2004 with Delta

My whole friggin seabag! Over 600 bucks in uniforms

did you ever get your stuff back? hate for you to lose all your medals (even if they're just for attendance :lol:), and i know those dress blues/whites aren't cheap

i was told the flight out of erie was too heavy and they'd have to fly it in on another flight which should be there by now (still no phone call :thumbsup:). luckily i don't have anything of value, just an MCSE book and dirty laundry

glad i put my parents christmas check in my wallet instead of my bag. especially this year since they went waaay overboard, like several thousand overboard. my brother and i tried talking them out of it, but in the end we both knew it was an argument we couldn't win. better to have the check with me so i can try talking them out if it some more than to have it sitting in erie, philly, pittsburgh, norfolk or wherever it is right now

oh well, at least i can get a laugh out of this by hoping the TSA assclown wasn't wearing rubber gloves as they shuffled thru my dirty boxers :lol:

glad i put my parents christmas check in my wallet instead of my bag. especially this year since they went waaay overboard, like several thousand overboard. my brother and i tried talking them out of it, but in the end we both knew it was an argument we couldn't win. better to have the check with me so i can try talking them out if it some more than to have it sitting in erie, philly, pittsburgh, norfolk or wherever it is right now

Ya, right who are you fooling? :thumbsup:

This fortunately is a problem that all too many young Americans are facing with their parents and in-laws reaching up in age after years of investing wisely...

I finally feel lucky to be part of that group... I almost had a coronary when we opened up the Christmas card from my in-laws...

:lol:

All... I know is after all these years of NOT being spoiled, that hard work went down the drain... :lol:

Ya, right who are you fooling? :thumbsup:

This fortunately is a problem that all too many young Americans are facing with their parents and in-laws reaching up in age after years of investing wisely...

I finally feel lucky to be part of that group... I almost had a coronary when we opened up the Christmas card from my in-laws...

:lol:

All... I know is after all these years of NOT being spoiled, that hard work went down the drain... :lol:

yeah i can think of quite a few things i could use that money on for myself. And i can't say that i wasn't spoiled, nor can i say that i was spoiled. i had very loving generous parents who would do or spend all they could for me or my brother (and they always did everything equal between the two of us)

however you may have read a post I made about 2 weeks ago about my mom and breast cancer :lol: i just think there are more important things my parents should be thinking about than their kids.

yeah i can think of quite a few things i could use that money on for myself. And i can't say that i wasn't spoiled, nor can i say that i was spoiled. i had very loving generous parents who would do or spend all they could for me or my brother (and they always did everything equal between the two of us)

however you may have read a post I made about 2 weeks ago about my mom and breast cancer :thumbsup: i just think there are more important things my parents should be thinking about than their kids.

Exactly /dev!

You can argue with them for a little while... But, in the end that is the choice they want to do... Cash the check and enjoy... Make them happy... There is no taking away that they will worry about you and love you till the end... Could be that you would have to provide for them, that is not the case... They take great satisfaction in what they can do for you!

Enjoy and embrace them!

Exactly /dev!

You can argue with them for a little while... But, in the end that is the choice they want to do... Cash the check and enjoy... Make them happy... There is no taking away that they will worry about you and love you till the end... Could be that you would have to provide for them, that is not the case... They take great satisfaction in what they can do for you!

Enjoy and embrace them!

parents are a real pain in the arse aren't they?

i don't care what they have or what they can give me. inheirtance shminheirance. spend all that money on themselves, they deserve it! i don't care if they're on walkers and respirators, they spent all those years taking care of my brother and i the least we can do is take care of them

Live LONG and prosper

parents are a real pain in the arse aren't they?

i don't care what they have or what they can give me. inheirtance shminheirance. spend all that money on themselves, they deserve it! i don't care if they're on walkers and respirators, they spent all those years taking care of my brother and i the least we can do is take care of them

Live LONG and prosper

Once you have kids you may understand... I can go live in a cave and be happy as long as I am providing for my family...

Crazy, I know... I just don't know what takes over you! I guess it is a selfless side?

Once you have kids you may understand... I can go live in a cave and be happy as long as I am providing for my family...

Crazy, I know... I just don't know what takes over you! I guess it is a selfless side?

i understand the whole maternal/paternal instinct, but my brother and i are all grown up and can take care of ourselves. this is their golden years and they should be spending everything on themsleves

At least you weren't flying into Houston on Continental. Apparently they stole the luggage and dumped it in a trash can.

Airline passengers get what they pay for!

The majority of airlines don't even directly employ the ticket agents and/or ramp people. They work for contract companies called JETSTREAM, AMR, DGS etc. Low pay, no benefits, and these are the people who CAN get an airport badge! Most of the "applicants" can't pass a background/fingerprint check due to prior Criminal History and are never hired!

Same thing with the airplanes. Few of the "lawn dart" regional jets are owned by the airline! They are operated by: Air Wisconsin, Trans States, Pinnacle, Mesa, Mesaba, Freedom, Piedmont, Comair, ASA,etc. etc. etc. They are disposable planes and crews who are subject to losing their jobs and strarting over every time their holding companies contract is up for renewal. They are underpowered and usually are hard pressed to be able to carry all the checked baggage, if the flight is full. When that happens, the bags keep accumulating because the next full lawn dart has the same problem.

If you're "lucky" enough to be on a normal size airplane, if it's a DC9, it's probably 30-35 years old! Some 737-200 are the same! If a passenger walked into an airport 35 years ago and saw a DC3 at the gate, they would not fly on it!

As long as people are willing to go with a cheap seat and frequent flyer miles, so they can repeat the whole silly process in the future,, it's never going to get any better.

I will not even mention the fact that the Air traffic control system is unable to handle the volumes that the airlines are trying to stuff into Laguardia, Newark, JFK, Atlanta, O'Hare, San Francsico, Boston & LAX!

Coffee, tea or DRIVE! :thumbsup: