you think if we beat the Ravens...

SuperBills12

We'll at least have 1 or 2 nationally televised games next year?

I think they'll have at least 1 national game next year, regardless of the Ravens outcome.

Knowing our luck, it'll be at New England on a Sunday night where Mr. Bruschi returns from a mosquito bite.

Well, at a bare minimum, all local games will be televised on broadcast TV. So if there's a Bills Thursday night game, it will probably be on Channel 7 or something. Home or away. That's, at least, a relief.

But I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL Network experiment isn't back next year.

I spoke to Russ Brandon a few years ago who confirmed the Bills didn't like hosting primetime games because so many fans don't come from Buffalo.

But Donahoe said many times publically during his era that the team welcomed such games.

I have no idea what the current take on this issue is.

I spoke to Russ Brandon a few years ago who confirmed the Bills didn't like hosting primetime games because so many fans don't come from Buffalo.

But Donahoe said many times publically during his era that the team welcomed such games.

I have no idea what the current take on this issue is.

Marv confirmed the other night on his radio show that the current stance is the same as the one you mentioned under TD.

But I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL Network experiment isn't back next year.

NFL Network will carry games through the lives of the current network (CBS/Fox/NBC/ESPN) contracts, which I think are for at least four years each. This year's games may have been dogs but NFL Network is still negotiating access to cable systems (Cablevision and Time Warner around here, for example). There's still money to be made.

Here in Northern NJ we've been watching the NFL Network muscle the local systems over carrying the Rutgers bowl game, which NFL Net has the rights to. It's like the Yes Network fight all over again and if anyone in sports is greedier than the Yankees it's the NFL. (Think about it: How many New York-area college football teams are in bowls this year?)

lol

I think we will get two national games on the road, considering RW does not like night games at RWS. We will get one ESPN game (possibly against NE) and a NBC game

I had never heard that before. I think it would be great to be in contention and play a team like the fish in Buffalo in December on Mon or Sun night. That would be fun to watch.

I don't think Bills want games at night at home but some times it's too hard to say no. We had Denver last year on a night game and next season we host NYG, Dallas and Cincy, it's gonna be very hard for one of those not to be at night. Bills are gaining much respect and those 3 are teams they love to show on primetime.

I think that by playing well and losing by very close margins this year will net the Bills at least two national games. Plus once they start wining the early games next season the new flexible schedule will allow them to get one or two more games. Look at Green Bay this week.