Go Go UK!

Chilly

WTF?

"...while criminals and the elderly will be implanted with microchips to track their movements, the report says."

Why the elderly?

They tend to wander around and get lost a lot... :doh:

I could see doing that for Alzheimer's patients. Hell, having dealt with Alzheimer's patients myself, I'd support it. But "the elderly"?

They tend to wander around and get lost a lot... :P

I could see doing that for Alzheimer's patients. Hell, having dealt with Alzheimer's patients myself, I'd support it. But "the elderly"?

I have as much or more respect for the elderly than anyone but to be honest they are dumb, smelly, annoying, bad drivers who steal cat food from the grocery store. In short, they are two steps above Canadians.

On a side note, can you imagine if Canada was warm enough for people to live to an old age? Old Canadians? Imagine that. :doh::P

England needs to monitor their elderly because they are an island nation and the people could wander into to ocean very easily while looking for a bingo game. The chip implant cost is less than the cleanup cost. It is economics.

don't you know that when canadians get old they become south floridans?!

i thought that was old New Yorkers

but you may be right. canadians are used to reading stuff in english and french, so when they moved to south florida that may explain why they have trouble reading ballots

don't you know that when canadians get old they become south floridans?!

I have as much or more respect for the elderly than anyone but can you imagine living in Florida and trying to drive to work? Very dangerous.

There must be a big market for Glade down there but also a lot of cat food theft. Can you imagine the difficulty of being a grocery store manager? Fights over those motor scooters. Empty cat food aisle. Why do they eat that crap anyway? I know they are on limited budgets but when you steal something it is free.

"Old" to a Canadian is upper 30s. They look like they're 80 by then. They don't move to Florida because they can't afford it and also couldn't find it without a GPS which they also can't afford. The Canadian dollar is worth about 15 cents so a "rich" Canadian could probably buy a GPS and get down there but not afford any rent.

England needs to monitor their elderly because they are an island nation and the people could wander into to ocean very easily while looking for a bingo game. The chip implant cost is less than the cleanup cost. It is economics.

Those red die card markers floating in the English surf would pretty much strike Brighton by the Sea as a desirable tourist destination.