Muhammed Ali.. Greatest figher in history

Tux of Borg

That Marvelous Marvin Hearns was a baad mofo as well.

878528[/snapback]

I would put him ahead of Marvin Hagler, Marvin the Martian, and St. Martin of Tours.

He was much more marvelous. He was even better than Thomas Boom Boom Mancini.

Hard to get knocked down by 82 year old Joe Walcott or 52 year old Joe Louis.

Marciano's fight record makes Tyson's look like he actually beat someone. There are 4 "names" on the list and all of them are literally from the previous generation. Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles, Walcott, and Louis.

Charles was 33 (and like Marciano not a true heavyweight), Louis was 37, Walcott was 38, and Moore was 42. Marciano beat everyone who was around, unfortunately that doesn't really amount to much.

Exactly.

Marciano was a victim of the times, because there just wasn't much top flight competition during his career. Much like today, the heavyweight division sucked then.

The state of the division @ the time is a major reason why many boxing experts decline to put Marciano ahead of Ali. Well, that, and the fact that Ali is the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time.

Exactly.

Marciano was a victim of the times, because there just wasn't much top flight competition during his career. Much like today, the heavyweight division sucked then.

The state of the division @ the time is a major reason why many boxing experts decline to put Marciano ahead of Ali. Well, that, and the fact that Ali is the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time.

Wasn't there a "computer fight"... Punch by punch years ago that pitted RM v. Ali?

I forget how that comparison came out... Or was "crunched".

?

Exactly.

I love you man, but Louis is/was better. Dude was a lion.

I love you man, but Louis is/was better. Dude was a lion.

Even Joe Louis could'nt beat the IRS though. They are the real bad ass mofo's of our time. I think Marvin found a way to beat them though. Did'nt he end up moving to Italy or something?

I love you man...

Freak.

...but Louis is/was better. Dude was a lion.

Lion? Yes. Better? No. I give both a ton of respect as the best of all time (along w/ Jack Johnson and a select few others), but I still believe Ali was the best heavyweight of them all.