Two Point Convert up by 5......

AnthonyF

Okay I was away the last two games and only caught a bit of the Tennessee game. What I don't understand as usual is that in week 16 we are so disorganized when we are in the 2 minute drill and bad play calling on 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5. Add to that the fact JP does not or is not allowed to run when they have to make a play. How many times when we had Flutie would we call a rollout or qb sneak?

If we know we are not kicking if outside 40 then the offense needs to be better prepared and reading the posts again it seems we were not.

Also once up 25-20, why not go for 2 and force a td. I think you want to be up by 7 not 6 (5 is a non-entity). I know that 6 is 2 fg's (I can add), but I think 7 is just much more important.

Not sure, just want opinions....

JP rolled out and was forced to run back across after breaking a few tackles. In a post game interview i heard on the way back from the game he even said he did not run for the first because he didn't think he would have made it and decided on the throw. It was a brooken play because he originally was supposed to go short and dump it off to someone but everyone was covered and he was being pressured.

it wasn't that he isn't allowed to run, he has been for the past couple weeks, its that he didn't think he would have gotten the first down on it.

JP rolled out and was forced to run back across after breaking a few tackles. In a post game interview i heard on the way back from the game he even said he did not run for the first because he didn't think he would have made it and decided on the throw. It was a brooken play because he originally was supposed to go short and dump it off to someone but everyone was covered and he was being pressured.

it wasn't that he isn't allowed to run, he has been for the past couple weeks, its that he didn't think he would have gotten the first down on it.

877990[/snapback]

The 4th down play just looked terrible and reading about the disorganization prior seems to confirm it. I don't know what happened earlier, but if they know they are not kicking from the 28, they have to have better organization on the 3rd & 4th down plays.

true, it did look very unorganised, but I'm not that sure if it was because the special teams (and the fans) thought they would be attempting it and DJ decided to go for the 1st, or if DJ was just very indecissive, its hard to tell. It was one of those thing where it seemed like they assumed they would just go for the field goal

Personnally, I would have prefered them going with a fake, seeing how the fans were even convinced a FG attempt would have been the right choice in the wind, the Titans probably would have too and it may have worked.

Although anything except for Lindell making the FG or JP making the 1st (or a TD) would have been acceptable to the fans and not blame DJ (or Royal) for the loss. Although knowing the way he has played previous in the game, Young would have probably ran the ball on the next posetion for 75 yards and a TD ending the game.

Still looking for comments on the 2-point (or lack of) attempt up 25-20.  I think you want to be up 7, not 6....

878330[/snapback]

Way to early in the game to go for two. Take the points. 1000 ways to think about about, but try this one on for size.

You miss there and it stays a five point game. Now, you make the field goal later, and your up only 8. Tenn has wind in final qtr, so you want to make them score twice.

Now, I think had royal scored you would have seen them go for the two there, as up twelve is still two TD scores, and up 13 is still two TD scores, and up 14 is still two TD scores. Plus, if you do kick a field goal after that, only way it makes it to three scores is if you have a successsful two pointer.

So, right decison all the way. Had it been 8 minutes left in 4th instead of 8 left in 3rd, prolly go for it there.

Way to early in the game to go for two. Take the points. 1000 ways to think about about, but try this one on for size.

You miss there and it stays a five point game. Now, you make the field goal later, and your up only 8. Tenn has wind in final qtr, so you want to make them score twice.

Now, I think had royal scored you would have seen them go for the two there, as up twelve is still two TD scores, and up 13 is still  two TD scores, and up 14 is still two TD scores. Plus, if you do kick a field goal after that, only way it makes it to three scores is if you have a successsful two pointer.

So, right decison all the way. Had it been 8 minutes left in 4th instead of 8 left in 3rd, prolly go for it there.

878361[/snapback]

Correct...the PAT was something 31 other coaches would've (correctly) done.