Some thoughts

jahnyc

1. TD's departure (and MM's resignation and the retention of a new head coach and staff) lowered expectations for this year and allowed the Bills to play their rookies and young players, giving them the opportunity to develop. JP and our rookie class of draft picks are the primary beneficiaries.

2. The 2006 draft produced a number of quality players (at least after their first year). Whitner started well, but he has not made many plays over the last half of this season. We will see if Whitner can play to the level expected of a #8 overall pick in the draft in the next number of years.

3. I have a feeling that Ellison will end up being the best pick from the 2006 draft.

4. I wonder if RW will be very restrained in free agency in light of his efforts to get appropriate revenue sharing for small market teams.

5. I think Jauron and his coaches have done a very good job. New schemes (offense and defense), many rookie starters and contributors, some injuries, and yet the team was in most every game and had a shot at the playoffs. Even some players that seemed like busts (JP, Denney, Reed, Parrish) performed better this year.

6. Very disappointing that Clements is a free agent and likely will not re-sign with the Bills. Losing Winfield, Williams and probably Clements really hurts. If we lose Fletcher and Kelsay as well, I can see the Bills drafting heavy on defense again this year, with a CB as the number one pick.