Dick Jauron

Mikie2times

When Dick Jauron signed on to be Bills coach do you think he was completely satisfied with who we had? Was anybody on the wall satisfied with who we had going into the season?

Want a laundry list? The Bills are 25th or worse in points scored, yards, yards per attempt, first downs per game, time of possession, 3rd Down%, YPA rushing offense and defense, yards rushing defense, sacks per pass attempt, sacks, and passing yards. Somehow despite all this we just kept on winning. Amazing considering we’ are merely in the middle of the pack in net turnover margin, and started more rookies then any team in football. Something is causing this abnormality and it isn't just our special teams.

Truth be told the only reason we made it this far was threw excellent game planning, adjustments, and preparation from Dick Jauron and his staff. He made some mistakes, so did all 32 coaches in football. Mistakes are made by professionals in all walks of life, everyday. They're made by people in less stressful environments, with a hell of a lot more time to work with. We’are all very disappointed, but let us not forget why we had a legitimate chance to make the playoffs in week 16, and what that should mean for us moving forward.

Simple mistakes... Basic mistakes are what doen this team in!

I agree with your post... But when you fail to think about the basics, that can't be tolerated.

Sure the Bills won more by his great planning... But they were also done in by his not being able to "tie his shoes".

I for one think this team underachieved... Most people think they overachieved, IMO that is a loser mentality.

Simple mistakes... Basic mistakes are what doen this team in!

I agree with your post... But when you fail to think about the basics, that can't be tolerated.

Sure the Bills won more by his great planning... But they were also done in by his not being able to "tie his shoes".

I for one think this team underachieved... Most people think they overachieved, IMO that is a loser mentality.

877597[/snapback]

Believe me I understand your frustration. Fairchild/Jauron clearly should have had a game plan on that final drive. It probably cost us the game. That said Jauron and Co. did enough before Christmas Eve for me to think he's our guy. The Tennessee game wasn't enough to change that.

As far as the loser mentality thing, if the players feel they overachieved your right, that would be a loser’s mentality. We are just fans though, some of whom are being overlay critical of Jauron with the benefit of hindsight, and a lack of perspective grading his performance. That is who my thread was directed at.

If the players feel they overachieved your right, that would be a loser’s mentality. We are just fan's, some of whom are being overlay critical of Jauron with the benefit of hindsight, and a lack of perspective grading his performance. That is who my thread was directed at.

877607[/snapback]

It is so simple Mike... You never decline the wind in the 4th quarter at the Ralph... It is the Golden Rule!

I know I am harping on this because it is so simple... The Bills scored 10 points in the 3rd and the Titans scored 10 in the 4th... ALL WITH THE WIND.

At least put your team in the position to win at the end of the game!

Somebody pointed out the Jets game too at the Ralph...

It isn't hindsight... It is foresight! I was screaming the whole second half on how they screwed up and the coaches would lose this one.

I was critical of DJ the second the 3rd quarter started... Quelled by the Bills 10 points... Then refired knowing that it was all down hill for the Titans through the fourth.

This isn't rocket science... The strategy directly effected the outcome of the game... Heck the refs even were helping the Bills with the 15 yard call on the face mask... The clustereff of the FG team coming on then being called back was a direct result of their 3rd quarter strategy.

Again... This by no means was hindsight... If they would have pulled it out, I would have been equally unnerved.

Work smart... Not hard!

It is so simple Mike... You never decline the wind in the 4th quarter at the Ralph... It is the Golden Rule!

I know I am harping on this because it is so simple... The Bills scored 10 points in the 3rd and the Titans scored 10 in the 4th... ALL WITH THE WIND.

At least put your team in the position to win at the end of the game!

Somebody pointed out the Jets game too at the Ralph...

It isn't hindsight... It is foresight!  I was screaming the whole second half on how they screwed up and the coaches would lose this one.

I was critical of DJ the second the 3rd quarter started... Quelled by the Bills 10 points... Then refired knowing that it was all down hill for the Titans through the fourth.

This isn't rocket science... The strategy directly effected the outcome of the game... Heck the refs even were helping the Bills with the 15 yard call on the face mask... The clustereff of the FG team coming on then being called back was a direct result of their 3rd quarter strategy.

Again... This by no means was hindsight... If they would have pulled it out, I would have been equally unnerved.

Work smart... Not hard!

877608[/snapback]

Jauron strikes me as a guy who doesn't have basic guidelines he follows. I feel that he plays each decision differently depending on the variables. We've watched him go from conservative as it get's, to aggressive as all hell. If you ask Jauron about his wind decision I think he could make some valid points as to why he did what he did. We were trailing in the game, with what I thought was some mo after the hail mary. We do anything on those two possessions inside the 50 and we win running away. We got the shots Jauron was looking for in 3rd quarter, we just couldn't do anything with those possessions. I'm not saying I disagree with the fundamentals of your view point. But I like the fact that Jauron adapts to things even if some of those decisions prove incorrect.

Jauron strikes me as a guy who doesn't have basic guidelines he follows. I feel that he plays each decision differently depending on the variables. We've watched him go from conservative as it get's, to aggressive as all hell. If you ask Jauron about his wind decision I think he could make some valid points as to why he did what he did. We were trailing in the game, with what I thought was some mo after the hail mary. We do anything on those two possessions inside the 50 and we win running away.  We got the shots Jauron was looking for in 3rd quarter, we just couldn't do anything with those possessions. I'm not saying I disagree with the fundamentals of your view point. But I like the fact that Jauron adapts to things even if some of those decisions prove incorrect.

877609[/snapback]

Agree... That holding penalty on the 10 (WMc's run to the 5) was a back breaker... 14 points in the 3rd would have sealed it!