Where to start with STasker's awful work?

AKC

As much as I loved his play on the field, I find his work in the booth rivaling the worst in the game- Theisman and Randy Cross. Some of his top bonehead statements today included the "He's as calm as a................fountain"

Uh- perhaps a broken fountain might offer a "calm" look at standing water, but doesn't any functioning fountain pretty much promise some amount of chaos?

How about the statement regarding a Titan first down at their own 27-

"It's great field position"

Huh?

I won't go any further since the fountain thing is off the freakin' charts-

Steve Tasker was always game on the field of play. Clearly though, he's overmatched trying to call a game.

As much as I loved his play on the field, I find his work in the booth rivaling the worst in the game- Theisman and Randy Cross. Some of his top bonehead statements today included the "He's as calm as a................fountain"

877553[/snapback]

I almost puked when I heard that "calm as a fountain" remark.

I have disliked Tasker's booth work for years, always dreading the "Steve Tasker - Gus Johnson" combo to burden our Bills games.

Steve's a very nice man. My wife likes him because he appeared at the "Football 101 for Women" class years ago (at Trocaire College, I think). But I had to tell her how bad an announcer he is.

Like you said, the fountain thing is a classic.