When you look at teams that can't stop the run

Deep2Moulds46

The Cover 2 defense which is based on a D-Line getting to the QB is very vulnerable to getting gashed in the run game.

The defense is designed to take advantage of an offense that is forced to pass...... generally because they are playing from behind.

Teams like the Rams and Colts continue to struggle to stop the run year in and year out. A lot of us are on here right now begging for a run stopping DT net year in the draft, but I would not be surprised if the Bills went status Quo at DT. A rotation of Kyle Williams, LArry Triplett, and John McCargo....with possibly adding a middle round wave player to replace Tim Anderson as the 4th DT. I just think that the history of this defense suggests that teams will not go out and get the big 330 run stuffing D-Tackle. Also....I don't think it would make a difference if they did. In this system, DT's are playing the pass first. Look at the COlts....over the past 2 years they have added Corey Simon...and now Anthony McFarland...and they still get gashed.

The Cover 2 defense which is based on a D-Line getting to the QB is very vulnerable to getting gashed in the run game.

The defense is designed to take advantage of an offense that is forced to pass...... generally because they are playing from behind.

Teams like the Rams and Colts continue to struggle to stop the run year in and year out. A lot of us are on here right now begging for a run stopping DT net year in the draft, but I would not be surprised if the Bills went status Quo at DT.  A rotation of Kyle Williams, LArry Triplett, and John McCargo....with possibly adding a middle round wave player to replace Tim Anderson as the 4th DT. I just think that the history of this defense suggests that teams will not go out and get the big 330 run stuffing D-Tackle. Also....I don't think it would make a difference if they did. In this system, DT's are playing the pass first. Look at the COlts....over the past 2 years they have added Corey Simon...and now Anthony McFarland...and they still get gashed.

877176[/snapback]

Interesting point. But how much is because those guy are not really that good or the scheme ?