Since my good points have been buried in other

Don't know if it's Dick Jauron or Steve Fairchild but there was two huge playcalls that lost us the game.

1) At the end of the 1st half when they threw an incomplete pass to stop the clock leaving a minute on the clock before kicking the FG. They should have run it and drained another 43 seconds off the clock. result is Vince Young gets a TD.

2) That putrid playcall at the end of the game. You kick the FG whether it's tough or not. The playoffs were on the line. That throw cplaycall was the stupidest of the year.

This is not the first boned headed playcalling game by Steve Fairchild. Fire Steve Fairchild and keep the playbook. We need someone who is smarter that a brick to make the playcalls. He is a Mularky clone.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if it's Dick Jauron or Steve Fairchild but there was two huge playcalls that lost us the game.

1) At the end of the 1st half when they threw an incomplete pass to stop the clock leaving a minute on the clock before kicking the FG. They should have run it and drained another 43 seconds off the clock. result is Vince Young gets a TD.

2) That putrid playcall at the end of the game. You kick the FG whether it's tough or not. The playoffs were on the line. That throw cplaycall was the stupidest of the year.

This is not the first boned headed playcalling game by Steve Fairchild. Fire Steve Fairchild and keep the playbook. We need someone who is smarter that a brick to make the playcalls. He is a Mularky clone.

877142[/snapback]

I agree with the point on the play calling, but there has been a lot of credit given to fairchild on the development on JP. I know when the game ended I said they should be fired, but i've calmed down and i've realized this staff has done a lot well, and we'll see what this team does in the off season and how they come out next year when hopes will be high and a playoff berth will be expected.

877142[/snapback]

Best game the offense has had all year long and this is Fairchild's worst game? The O put up 29 points today with no help from turnovers by the D. I'm not saying that there aren't some things to criticize but people are getting a little carried away. The D is to blame for this loss, period.

Best game the offense has had all year long and this is Fairchild's worst game?  The O put up 29 points today with no help from turnovers by the D.  I'm not saying that their aren't some things to criticize but people are getting a little carried away.  The D is to blame for this loss, period.

877156[/snapback]

This isn't the first game where Steve Fairchilds playcalling has cost us the game. It has probably cost us 5 to 6 games this year. I have been harping about his playcalling all year.

This isn't the first game where Steve Fairchilds playcalling has cost us the game. It has probably cost us 5 to 6 games this year. I have been harping about his playcalling all year.

877163[/snapback]

The Bills punted one time today. You were saying?

877163[/snapback]

On the flipside, as mentioned up above why not blame Fewell, other than Chicago have we allowed that many points in a game?

Note the second half comments, not all bad decisions result in punts. Some end up as TD's for the other team !

You were saying ?

877175[/snapback]

What bad decision that Fairchild made resulted in a TD for the Titans? It's Fairchild's fault that the D allowed Vince Young to rip off a 40 yard run with 19 seconds left in the half? Yeah, sure.

What bad decision that Fairchild made resulted in a TD for the Titans?  It's Fairchild's fault that the D allowed Vince Young to rip off a 40 yard run with 19 seconds left in the half?  Yeah, sure.

877180[/snapback]

MDH you have been spot on with every post. Good to have a voice of reason here among all the kneejerk reactionary types

What bad decision that Fairchild made resulted in a TD for the Titans?  It's Fairchild's fault that the D allowed Vince Young to rip off a 40 yard run with 19 seconds left in the half?  Yeah, sure.

877180[/snapback]

On that play Fairchild was supposed to have contain at the far hash.....

877180[/snapback]

Had he called a running play instead of pass. We could have run 43 more seconds off the clock before Vince Young got the ball. They would have run out of time long before getting close to the TD ! Imagine if Tennesee had 7 fewer points ?

That's how I blame Fairchild. Putting our defense in Bad situations. I'm not giving the DL a free pass, Check my other posts, we need beef in the DL to stop the run.

Not only was the offense great today, JP is progressing. I disagree with his decision to pass on 4th and 1, and the last 2 plays, but we are going forward offensively.

Can you say that under the past 3 O-Coord? Didn't think so. We keep Fairchild, JP is better and the team on O is better.

Had he called a running play instead of pass. We could have run 43 more seconds off the clock before Vince Young got the ball. They would have run out of time long before geting close the TD !

That's how I blame Fairchild. Putting ourt defense in Bad situations. I'm not giving the DL a free pass, Check my other posts, we need beef in the DL to stop the run.

877185[/snapback]

They did not put the D in a "bad position" on that. The Bills were attempting to score more points before the half. Throwing the ball wasn't a "bad" decision (though I DO question lining up in the shotgun on 3rd and 1). It was the special teams that put the D in a bad position there. They allowed a big kickoff return on the next play. That being said the D should still have been able to prevent points before the half.

lol, "Fire Fairchild".

Come on, Fairchild is the best OC we've had in a long while.

877192[/snapback]

I laugh when I see Dan Henning !@#$ing up that Carolina offense. Mike Shepard was another brainiac. Fairchild is the best since Marchibroda