My brush with celebrity

PromoTheRobot

So I go to Billy's Sports Bar in Manchester, NH to watch the Bills with the rest of my fellow members of the NH Bills Backers. I sit down at my table and begin to notice the fellow at the next table because he looks just like Seth Myers from Saturday Night Live. Then I hear him screaming for the Steelers and now I know it's him.

Now before you ask what a cast member from SNL is doing in a NH sports bar, know that he, as well as Adam Sandler, are from Manchester. Turns out the Myers clan, including mom, dad, and the lesser-known brother Josh Myers who was part of the cast of Fox's Mad TV, were at Billy's to cheer on their beloved Steelers.

Seth was trying to do the incognito thing: he wore a Steelers touque and had a couple day's bear growing but there is no disguising himself. He's a huge NFL fan and even though he was most interested in the Steelers, he was also watching the Bills and talking with us Bills fans knowledgably about the team.

I shook their hands as they left and wished them a Merry Christmas. Afterwards, I turned to my fellow Bills Backers and asked if they knew who that guy was. None of them did. I guess not everyone watches SNL.

PTR

WHOOAAA :censored:

I just moved to Manchester NH and had no clue we have a Bills Bar in town. What bar is it?

Billy's Sports Bar (http://www.billyssportsbar.com/) is not a Bills Bar like the Harp in Boston is. But the NH Bills Backers do show up, along with Steeler and Jets fans. You can usually find a group of 5-10 fans there sitting in the side room when you first come in the door. They will even turn up the sound on Bills games if enough fans are there. (as long as there is no Pats game the same time.)

PTR

what the heck? the first two weeks I went to Billy's, no one showed up except for 2 buddies I grew up with in williamsville...in fact the granite state bills backer group on yahoo has been dead since october

i've been watching my games at The Draft in Concord...their wings aren't much better but at they're deep friend and not breaded

what the heck? the first two weeks I went to Billy's, no one showed up except for 2 buddies I grew up with in williamsville...in fact the granite state bills backer group on yahoo has been dead since october

i've been watching my games at The Draft in Concord...their wings aren't much better but at they're deep friend and not breaded

Well the NH Bills Backers will never be confused with the Boston Bills Backers at The Harp on Causeway Street. But you'll always find some Bills fans there. It's a moot point until next fall. So go Sabres!!

PTR

by any chance was his brother Michael Meyers there? You may have noticed him wearing an all blue one piece dickey. In addition to that he may have had a white (William Shatner mold) mask with a butcher knife. And if he was there, was there an old dude milling around with a messed up face by the last name of Loomis????

I agree - the show is very good now.

Seriously????

I think its has just continued to go down hill and its actually embarrassing to watch anymore. MAD TV is much better. I think SL is only living off its name for the past decade and NBC just doesn't want to cancel a show with such history as SNL and continue to prey it will eventually get better

Seriously????

I think its has just continued to go down hill and its actually embarrassing to watch anymore. MAD TV is much better. I think SL is only living off its name for the past decade and NBC just doesn't want to cancel a show with such history as SNL and continue to prey it will eventually get better

"Pray" is the word you're looking for re: NBC. "Prey" is what happens to 14 year olds in Canada.